• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the tag cloud for the media add-on. Perhaps we can get this for the wiki as well? With the ability to add tags to the wiki page's. Perhaps even a tag add-on with the cloud that will work with both the wiki and media.

If no tags will be used for the wiki, perhaps we can get categories?

Seem to have found a bug or limitation. Not sure yet.

http://www.worldoftanksforum.com/wiki/soviet-tanks/

Using your template, the links are not completing correctly at the bottom of the image.
The autolink parser has been fixed for the next version... it has 3 major changes...

1 - It will not autolink text that is within < > tags. There are several reasons why text would be within a < > tag... it could be within a template, and you don't want autolinking in templates... it could be a class name, etc... or it could already be within a link. With this it only links text its absolutely sure isn't part of the HTML construct. This feature may already be in the live version, I cant remember...

2 - It will not autolink text that is part of another word. I had an issue with a page called "Taki", which could get autolinked to the word "Taking". BamaStangGuy has a page called "IS"; with the current system it would autolink in all text that contains those letters... the word "this", or "history" are good examples. Now the autolink will make sure the character directly before and directly after are not letters, and skip if needed.

3 - The system will now prioritize longer names versus shorter ones... BamaStangGuy has a page called "IS"; he also has pages called "IS-3", "IS-4", etc... With the current system, since the "IS" page was created first, it would be prioritized and "IS-3" would link to "IS", instead of "IS-3". Now the system will prioritize "IS-3" over "IS", simply because the name is longer.

4 - There is now an option to define a limit to the number of replacements. By default the system replaces all instances of a page name, no matter how many times it finds it on the page. Now you can set a limit... 1, 2 or as many as you want...

Inatall on my test forum. I have to question.
1. Can I set up some nodes under the wikiindex, eg, one for Chinese classics. One for hisgory.
2. Any easier way to learn how to create and use template.

Tested Chinese search, same as xf default search. It has not partial match, so limited usage for Chinese. In Eng, unless you spell the whole word correctly, you can't get result.

Great job, it looks a bit cluttered, early build, but I am sure as xenforo matures, so does this lite wiki like addon.
thumbsup

Can the wiki appears in quick netvigation menu?

Can admin delete version history? eg. delete previous edits, only keep the final version.

Thank you.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Wiki) v1.0.3 CHANGELOG
  • Sortable Tables have been upgraded to stable shaker sort
  • New GLOBAL bbcode tags: h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 and wiki
    • The [wiki] bbcode tag will embed a wiki page (by slug) directly into a post. It will pull from the cache if possible. Be warned however that even though it will embed the wiki page, not all the styles will be congruent. While the wiki itself was formatted to make data as presentable as possible, posts themselves are not; so keep those formatting limitations in mind.
  • IP Information has been relegated to overlay popups
  • BreadCrumbs have been slightly changed to follow the XenForo methodology.
  • Table of Contents generation now has a settings to control requirements...
  • Autolink generation now has settings to control the limit...
  • Function has been added to the install procedure to handle if new columns already exist.

Pretty cool add-on, I'm just starting to work with it. Not sure if this issue is new, but the menu bar (i.e. Wiki Index Recent Activity Page List) has little bullets in front of each item. I think you should give these list items their own class to avoid it getting mixed up with this one:

HTML:
.wiki li {
list-style:disc outside none;

Pretty cool add-on, I'm just starting to work with it. Not sure if this issue is new, but the menu bar (i.e. Wiki Index Recent Activity Page List) has little bullets in front of each item. I think you should give these list items their own class to avoid it getting mixed up with this one:

HTML:
.wiki li {
list-style:disc outside none;
will be fixed for future version... I didnt see the issue on my custom skin.

Hi,
I have a little problem after the update.
There are some small black dots above the text:

capturarx.jpg

does it look OK if you are logged out ?

Wait. I get it now too.
The dots weren't showing up. Then I changed the Style and went the Homepage (looks nice !) and then when I went back to the wiki ... the dots were there ( I wasnt logged in ).

Attachments

• simgadgets.before.and.after.dots.webp
    simgadgets.before.and.after.dots.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom