• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArnyVee... thats not the quick navigation menu you are talking about... thats the RELATED PAGES module. Whenever you are on a page, any other pages within that page's tree will be listed above the quick menu in a related pages module...

The quick navigation menu will only list absolute parents... you should make the Dexter page an absolute parent.

So, I set each television shows as parents (no parent selected for them) and that seems to be the way to go. Thanks Jason! :D

Will there be some form of an importer from other wikis? We currently use MediaWiki, with a bucketload of extensions, and I have been struggling to find an easy-to-use replacement that also allows for single sign-on with a forum.

I'm mostly dreading porting everything from our existing site to a new wiki, and losing a lot of the work in the process, and at the same time losing all the juice from the search engines that have indexed our pages.

I'm mostly dreading porting everything from our existing site to a new wiki, and losing a lot of the work in the proces,

That seems alot to ask ... maybe pay for a custom transition ?
I'd like to hear what you think are the core features missing (From your mediawiki perspective) in XenCarta. How about make a list of "Really would like" and "Would be nice" ?

and at the same time losing all the juice from the search engines that have indexed our pages.
A good wiki, with contributions from many sources, creates good content. Search engines love content. If you find a wiki your members will use .... Search Engine Love will come.

That seems alot to ask ... maybe pay for a custom transition ?
I'd like to hear what you think are the core features missing (From your mediawiki perspective) in XenCarta. How about make a list of "Really would like" and "Would be nice" ?

A good wiki, with contributions from many sources, creates good content. Search engines love content. If you find a wiki your members will use .... Search Engine Love will come.

I would not mind paying at all. As for core features missing, I have not yet fully checked out the features of XenCarta, but I can let my wiki guys have a look at it. As I said, we added a lot of additional functionality to our wiki in order to boost it, including Semantic MediaWiki, Treeview, ParserFunctions (allowing us to inject dynamic content from custom applications into the wiki pages), and many more.

I'll ask my wiki guys to pick up after me, and hopefully they can give a more educated response. I mainly install the extensions on their request, and mostly contribute to the Wiki by adding content, but they should be able to easily figure out what would lack and how vital it would be.

Peter

Jaxel,
How did you get the wiki to install in your root in your demo. Mine shows under the /forum/wiki/

If that's the case, how do we get this as the same level as /forum/
People would want to install this on domain.com/wiki/ or wiki.domain.com as it will be replacement of mediawiki.

thanks

I've added some minor parser functions... example:
http://xen1.8wayrun.com/wiki/algol-soulcalibur-iv-frame-data/

Code:
<tr>
	<td class="primaryContent" style="white-space: nowrap;">{{{atk}}}</td>
	<td class="secondaryContent" style="white-space: nowrap;">{{{cmd}}}</td>
	<td class="primaryContent" style="white-space: nowrap;">{{{lvl}}}</td>
	<td class="secondaryContent">{{{imp}}}</td>
	<td class="primaryContent">{{{dmg}}}</td>
	<td class="secondaryContent [if={{{grd}}}===0]neutral[else]string[/if] [if={{{grd}}}>0]positive[/if][if={{{grd}}}<0]negative[/if]">{{{grd}}}</td>
	<td class="secondaryContent [if={{{hit}}}===0]neutral[else]string[/if] [if={{{hit}}}>0]positive[/if][if={{{hit}}}<0]negative[/if]">{{{hit}}}</td>
	<td class="secondaryContent [if={{{cnt}}}===0]neutral[else]string[/if] [if={{{cnt}}}>0]positive[/if][if={{{cnt}}}<0]negative[/if]">{{{cnt}}}</td>
	<td class="primaryContent">{{{scr}}}</td>
	<td class="secondaryContent">{{{nts}}}</td>
</tr>

processes IF statements only.... =, ==, ===, !=, !==, <, >, <=, >=
it will also process else with [else] or [else/], but you can not do nested ifs.

As you can see how I am doing it in my code....
Code:
[if={{{grd}}}===0]neutral[else]string[/if]
[if={{{grd}}}>0]positive[/if]
[if={{{grd}}}<0]negative[/if]

Bug!!!
New page don't add to EWRcarta_search (add try - catch)

After add new page - have error (Page don't found) XenForo 1.0.0 Beta 3

Changelog: PLEASE DELETE YOUR CURRENT EWRcarta FOLDER!
  • page edits will now link directly into XenForo's built in IP log system
  • the word "wiki" on the navtab is now phrased
  • templates will now be constructed correctly on history pages
  • you can now do rudimentary parser functions [if=][else][/if] (accepts ==, ===, !=, !==, <, >, <=, >=)
  • you can now view "previews" of page edits

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate column name 'history_ip'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in EWRcarta/Install.php at line 34
EWRcarta_Install::installCode() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 159
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wot/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Can't install. I get that error on Xenforo Beta 3

Code:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in EWRcarta/Install.php at line 34
EWRcarta_Install::installCode() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 159
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wot/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Can't install. I get that error on Xenforo Beta 3
delete line 34 from install.php:
Code:
$db->query("ALTER IGNORE TABLE `EWRcarta_history` ADD `history_ip` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'");
Theoretically, this should ignore the error... but for some reason it doesnt...

Personally, I separate my install/upgrade code based on parameters that are passed to the install function. There's a "fresh install" code that brings the database up to the latest version. Then there's upgrade codes that are tasked with upgrading from one version to the version directly newer.

i.e. https://github.com/Crindigo/NextShout-XF/blob/master/library/NextShout/Install.php though mine is possibly overkill, just having methods in your install class for upgrades could work too.

Thanks that fixed it. One feature I would like to see is ordering. For example, one page would be 1 and the other page 2, so that I can make one page/category appear above the other.

Hi,
I am getting some weird errors when trying to install the wiki. I dont believe I have tried to install this before but there seems to be some duplication issues in the database. Anyone know how to fix this? thanks.

Server Error

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in EWRcarta/Install.php at line 34
  4. EWRcarta_Install::installCode()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 159
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ddmmh/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom