• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenCarta (Lite Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just laying out my wishes. Even edits getting sent to moderation queue will help a lot. Can open the edit rights to anyone after that.

I am merely saying this because its not easy to identify and then motivate a select group of people to maintain a wiki. Will have to do it all by myself.

PS: That said maybe I can send the wiki contents, through wiki tag, to a private forum where the forum users can suggest changes. Round about way of doing it but should work.

Here's a crazy question.

Is it possible to have the parent node prefilled?

For example, I have 2 wikis, stances and styles of martial arts.

If you are viewing stances and click on Create New Page could stances already be selected in the parent node?

This would greatly help my users select the correct nodes.

hey

is it possible to have templates inside templates. This is to help make my site more easy to manager

Many thanks

I am assuming since this post is in the XenCarta add-on page that addaco is referring to XenCarta templates and not XF templates :)

I'm suspecting No. Have you tried it ?

Can you explain how that would be the case ?

I use jaxels icon wiki index. However, I want to display parts of the index on other pages. The index uses templates for the image icons (indexicon) for the formatting. I was thinking if I put the code of the index (such as:
HTML:
[template=indexICON] name=Construction | slug=construction[/template]
[template=indexICON] name=Help | slug=help [/template]
that calls the indexicon template in a template, and in the index and other pages just call that template, then if I pdate the template it pushes the changes to other parts of the wiki

I tired this and it didn't work. I wonder if there is a way, or it could be coded in

I use jaxels icon wiki index. However, I want to display parts of the index on other pages. The index uses templates for the image icons (indexicon) for the formatting. I was thinking if I put the code of the index (such as:
HTML:
[template=indexICON] name=Construction | slug=construction[/template]
[template=indexICON] name=Help | slug=help [/template]
that calls the indexicon template in a template, and in the index and other pages just call that template, then if I pdate the template it pushes the changes to other parts of the wiki

I tired this and it didn't work. I wonder if there is a way, or it could be coded in
Thats exactly how it works... but the changes don't get parsed through until the page cache is emptied or expires.

I have a strange problem when I click on create new php page, I go to the index of my forum!!! I don't can use wiki! explain me please! Thanks

It's possible to XenForo url look like this: wiki.domain.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom