• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct in saying that if you designate a forum as an event forum you can only post events in it and not normal threads?

Am I correct in saying that if you designate a forum as an event forum you can only post events in it and not normal threads?
You can make normal threads... they just need to be made in a different forum and them moved over by a moderator.

I´ll try again to get help/tips on the following small problem:

is there a way to translate these phrases in XenAtendo:

within 3 months...
within 1 year...

I cant seem to find them anywhere?

Thanks a lot Jaxel, that did it.

I was not allowed to use these letters (ä ö å, check attachment for the phrase 3 months) but i rephrased my words to not include those letters.

Not sure where this phrase is used, havent seen it yet:

$events['down the line'][] = $event;

so i left that one untranslated for now.

3 months.webp

Yes, this is what my testing reveals. Not really my ideal functionality - it would be best for me if events and regular threads could live in the same forum. And for the forum's viewing permissions to propagate to the calendar (so only mods can see mod-related events for example).

We haven't made the switch from vb yet, so no pressure, jaxel :D
(although even if the above features are missing, we will still be using the mod - it's already mile better than the vb calendar)

Is it possible to change the Name(Date) of the Event from
[Feb 12, 2011] to [2011.02.12]

by default?
this will give a better chance to sort the events in forumthreads without

Hi Trekkan, the latest version does allow you to have events listed in different forums, but the calendar display will show all the events from the different forums.

I've just run a check for you by making one of my test event forums only viewable by the 'admin' usergroup, but events are still displayed in the calendar to 'guests', when you click on it you get a message that you must login to view it, when you login as a 'registered user' you get an error message saying you do not have permissions to view that page.

This isn't a problem for my site as all events can be viewed by anyone, but I can see it would be for you, maybe if Jaxel can introduce an option for multiple calendars, one linked to each event forum, as per my post 285, these calendars could adopt the permissions of the forums they are connected to, would that help you?

Thank you for the detailed reply! Actually yes, that would be great if it could be linked to multiple calendars, using their permissions. =)

You can make normal threads... they just need to be made in a different forum and them moved over by a moderator.

Thanks for that, would it bhe possible to make it a bit more 'elegant' though? Something say along the lines of a tick box to check if it's just a normal thread, then it will just remove the event fields and leave it as a standard thread to post??

Not sure if this would be possible and how much work it would entail, just throwing out the idea.

Agree with ibaker on ALL points ... such a great add-on and if it could be figured out to post normal threads then we'd use it.

One other idea I had would be to possibly have a create event button, say under the Post New Thread button and in the same style, that brings up an overlay with the event fields etc??? This way could have it so only users with access to create events would see the button, to everyone else it would operate like a 'normal' forum re posting threads.

Agree with ibaker on ALL points ... such a great add-on and if it could be figured out to post normal threads then we'd use it.

One other idea I had would be to possibly have a create event button, say under the Post New Thread button and in the same style, that brings up an overlay with the event fields etc??? This way could have it so only users with access to create events would see the button, to everyone else it would operate like a 'normal' forum re posting threads.

Or keep the New Event button only in the calendar?

There seem to be two possible way of handling permissions - on a per-calendar basis or a per-event basis. Per-event would be nicer from a user POV, as they get to see and create only the events that apply to them, with no complexity. Per-calendar would, I imagine, be easier to code...

How to get the popup time/day calendar to display 24 hours istead of am/pm?

It is the calendar that popup when you will give start and end time / day for your event.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.2.5 CHANGELOG
  • Event Thread linking has been expanded with XenForo's new DataWriter Listener. If an event thread is deleted, the event linking to it will now be deleted as well.
  • The calendar's timezone will now change to match the viewing user's timezone.
  • Usernames will now be handled properly when a deleted user occurs.
  • Fixed a bug where recurring events would lose their user information. This fix only applies to new events; old events which have already lost their user information are lost forever... sorry.

My Calendar is showing a Day Ahead? How can I fix that?
The calendar shows based on the TIMEZONE set on your account. If you are the admin on your forum, make sure you have your timezone set correctly. When XenForo installs and you create that initial admin account, it actually places it into the UTC/GMT timezone, and doesn't give you the option to select it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom