• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that has something to do with beta 4 changing the templates or something like that. I had some issues also. You will have to ask whoever made that template to update it for beta 4. I think that should fix your issues

Actually i fixed it ...It's some changes i made in the template .

How do i rename the stream URL to read "Ticket info"

Also when trying to book in times why does the event have to last for 5 hours - the only way to edit is to manually go back in and edit the event once posted, also finally when i have posted events it looks like theres a problem with pulling in the avatar - pic attached.

View attachment 7043

Any help with this?

Also i would like to change "8 people on this break" to "8 people are attending" but for less than 2 people i would like it to say 1 person is attending.

Is there or will there be the ability to disable things like the location requirements and map if we wish? Or to have an image of our chosen used in place of the map? I like how this is set up and those few extra touches would almost totally complete it for me.

Any help with this?

Also i would like to change "8 people on this break" to "8 people are attending" but for less than 2 people i would like it to say 1 person is attending.

have you tried changing it via ACP?

Is there or will there be the ability to disable things like the location requirements and map if we wish? Or to have an image of our chosen used in place of the map? I like how this is set up and those few extra touches would almost totally complete it for me.
I would like to see these features implemented also! I think Jaxel will probably put something like that in an upcoming release

This looks really good, my only question would be 'Is it possible to use 2 evetn forums?' the reason I ask is that we have certain event only open to those who are members of a certain user group, so the event and subsequent thread would need to be in a forum only those members can view, not the regular events forum

Care to explain which phrases please - seen as there's quite a few :)

There is a "filter" option there. I recommend using that to see if the phrases exist. I don't know for sure that they do. They should, but if they don't then I would recommend to Jaxel to convert them as such.

In the filter field, put in "people on this break".

what is "people on this break"?

Everything is phrased... 8 on the Break is the name of the venue...

what is "people on this break"?

Everything is phrased... 8 on the Break is the name of the venue...

Ah my bad - just saw it on your site and thought that was the way it phrased the number of attendees, i didnt release you had posted 6 events for the same venue with the name 8 on the break.

Silly me. :p

I do however still have some issues with this mod, i did post them a couple of days ago but it seems to have been overlooked.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenatendo-events.8670/page-4#post-122111

Very much liking this add-on from what I have tested it so far. A few suggestions:

1) Maybe make more of the fields optional? Not all events will have a real world address or a stream url for example. It would be preferable if these fields were optional rather than mandatory.

2) I think this was already a suggestion or was partially suggested, but an idea for the icon that represents the event. It would be great if there was a way to set this icon manually (this would the top most level way to set an icon) and then if it was not set manually the icon would look to the stream to get its icon and if it didn't find one there it would be great if it could use either a forum default icon OR the events organizers avatar.

Anyhow, great add-on, good work.

This looks really good, my only question would be 'Is it possible to use 2 evetn forums?' the reason I ask is that we have certain event only open to those who are members of a certain user group, so the event and subsequent thread would need to be in a forum only those members can view, not the regular events forum

Any idea's if this would be implemented in future versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom