• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to make certain section for registered members only? For example, show who's attending to only logged in members.

This looks really good, my only question would be 'Is it possible to use 2 evetn forums?' the reason I ask is that we have certain event only open to those who are members of a certain user group, so the event and subsequent thread would need to be in a forum only those members can view, not the regular events forum

Just wanted to give that a bump as well, that is a feature I would think that would get a good bit of use as well.

Works well but i agree with some of the others, i think some of the fields need to be optional, the map support is a little iffy but i guess thats google not you. (Basically if i stick the address in it goes wrong, so i have to leave the postcode in that field to make it work)

ohh and yeah a sidebar app for upcoming events would be good ;)

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.0.2 CHANGELOG
  • Events Listing will now have a default thumbnail if a stream thumbnail cant be found.
  • Stream URLs are no longer required to submit an event

I really would love not to have an address required.
Sometimes the address of a location is an office and not the actual address of the event.
What would work, although I don't know if it's possible. . .
Click on the google map and have it enter the coordinates as the address.

Another cool thing would be to choose a forum when creating an event rather than a default forum.
I have different types of events. EDIT: Found post 21.

Other than that, great mod.

On this Events Page:
http://8wayrun.com/events/

I click on this Event
http://8wayrun.com/events/sheraton-suites-hotel.3/

And it takes me to this Thread (with the Forum Tab selected)
http://8wayrun.com/threads/feb-26-2011-gvn-winter-brawl-v-philadelphia-pa.6416/

I see the thread is also listed here:
http://8wayrun.com/forums/tournament-announcements.47/

So events and discussion are really modified forum threads ?
and are thus a part of xenforo native search ?
No, events are their own thing... the discussion itself is a forum thread. If an event has a linked thread, instead of taking you to the event page, it will take you to the forum thread, and embed the event to the thread.

If you create an event WITHOUT a forum thread, then it will take you to the event page, instead of the forum thread. The event page itself is the same thing as the event piece at the top of the forum thread.

Hey Jaxel,

I'm attempting to set up an event. Is there a minimum of 6 hours coded? I'm attempting to create an event for 3pm, but the earliest in can end is 9pm.

Thoughts?

This is by design... if you want to change it... in EWRatendo_EventsCreate and EWRatendo_EventsEdit find:
Code:
var nextHours = 6*60*60*1000;

Change the first 6 in it to however many hours to want to make the minimum time.

Hi Jaxel,

I am most impressed with what you have done here, although I *think* I actually need a calendar I am having a play with this to see if I could get away with using it instead, so a couple of questions:

1 - I can't see any way of adding recurring events, for example I get shedloads of traffic during the summer for my 'car boot sales' listings and a lot of these occur every Sunday from March-Sept., I am sure other site owners have regular events/meetings be they weekly or monthly or whatever.

Also ranged events, I've just added an event occuring every day for a week or so, but in the event listings it only appears for 29/12/10 rather than every day.

How easy would it be to add such functions and would you consider doing it?

2 - I currently have on my vB4 site different calendars for different types of events, would it be possible to install several versions of this mod (just re-name files or something?), so I could have different ones for 'car boot sales', 'live music', etc. or would that seriously screw things up?

Thanks in advance for your time. :)

PS: Would you consider coding a calendar if enough people were up for chipping in for development time, to avoid taking this thread off topic, please see - HERE.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.2.0 CHANGELOG
  • Link construction has been normalized.
  • There is now an option to set the minimum length of an event.
  • There is now an option to create an event without a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom