• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more detail you can offer on an error, the easier it is to solve.

The error message for the above issue is: The controller EWRatendo_ControllerPublic_Events does not define an action called Create42.

The trailing number is most likely the event id.

Is it possible to add an option to EventsBirthdays to display the name only and not the avatar?

i have a large user base and displaying all the pics takes up a huge amount of space.

You would need to modify template EWRporta_Block_EventsBirthdays

It's clear the below line would need to be modified. I am not certain of the exact change though.
Code:
<li><xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" class="Tooltip" text="{$user.username}{xen:if '{$user.age}', ' ({$user.age})'}" title="{$user.username}{xen:if '{$user.age}', ', {xen:phrase age}: {$user.age}'}" /></li>
            </xen:foreach>

You would need to modify template EWRporta_Block_EventsBirthdays

It's clear the below line would need to be modified. I am not certain of the exact change though.
Code:
<li><xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" class="Tooltip" text="{$user.username}{xen:if '{$user.age}', ' ({$user.age})'}" title="{$user.username}{xen:if '{$user.age}', ', {xen:phrase age}: {$user.age}'}" /></li>
            </xen:foreach>
Thanks!

Two suggestion if I can

1 - I've tried to use the URL field putting inside an url of my site but it give me a forbidden error creating event. If I leave this field empty everything works. How can I use this field to put an arbitrary url where the users can find some info on the event?

2 - It's not possible to enable/disable the RSVP system? I've some events that has to be managed through Xenatendo and other that has their RSVP system.

3 - It's possible to add a note field just to communicate something to the users?

Thanks

1-that field is presently designed to accept live streaming video feed URLs. Placing a value in that field changes how the event works (a video player is displayed when the event starts and plays a video). At present no other value can be entered into that field.

2-you could make a template alteration and remove the RSVP system, or you can keep it. Presently there is not a checkbox you can use when creating the event to determine whether to use it for that particular event.

3-presently you have the ability to create a forum thread when you create the event. You can share anything you like in that thread.

You can share your needs and, overtime, the author may add features to the add-on. If the changes you recommend have value for everyone, they would most likely be added. If the changes are more custom for your unique situation, then you might want to work out a contribution with the developer.

l
Looks like after the latest version I can't send an event through the event forum. When I click on "post new event" It takes me to .../events/create/21 and I get a The requested page could not be found error. I can post an event directly from the events system without problems though.

Yes same here although mine takes me to /events/create/10

I'm having this same issue as well, I attempted to resolve it by removing and then re-uploading the EWRatendo directory as one user suggests here, but that doesn't appear to resolve the problem. Any help with this particular issue Jaxel?

Ok thanks. There's another question on this mod.

When I create an event there's a field where I can put some description, info, etc.

Screenshot 2011-03-23 a 11.26.43.webp

I've created an event and inserted some thext here but

1-This text is not shown anywhere

Screenshot 2011-03-23 a 11.30.13.webp

2-If I click con the modify event button, this field is missing

Screenshot 2011-03-23 a 11.30.52.webp

It's my fault or there's something that doesn't work as expected?

Ok thanks. There's another question on this mod.

When I create an event there's a field where I can put some description, info, etc.

View attachment 13011

I've created an event and inserted some thext here but

1-This text is not shown anywhere

View attachment 13012

2-If I click con the modify event button, this field is missing

View attachment 13013

It's my fault or there's something that doesn't work as expected?

Hi,

No thats not your fault. I believe the text you input when creating a thread ONLY shows up if the event also creates a thread in your XF forums. You must first set this up in your Admin CP XenAtendo settings and then when creating a thread you must tick the 'create event thread' box and select the forum where events are posted/stored. Hope this helps

Oh it's a shame since almost all time the events are created after the thread is created so I thought that this field was useful to add some info :(

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.3.3 CHANGELOG
  • You can now add an event description for events that don't have event threads.
    • If there is an event thread, the description will be hidden, blank and uneditable.
  • Fixed the default size of the justin.tv chat room embed so that it displays the text bar.
  • Fixed a bug where users couldn't post events through an event forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom