8thos Gamercards

8thos Gamercards 1.5

No permission to download

DRE

DRE submitted a new resource:

8thos Gamercards (version 1.0) - Put your gamercard in your forum profile page sidebar

Your X-Box and PSN Gamercard on your profile page sidebar.

Perquisite: Must have the Template Modification System installed.

Screenshot:

View attachment 41945

Step 1: Download the resource, unzip the contents and install the addon.

If you already have xbox and psn custom user fields then all you can ignore Step 2 and go to Appearance/Style/Template...

Read more about this resource...

Well older versions of SimCity used Steam so it wouldn't hurt. It's not a rush job and was more or less just curious. Awesome job on all the addons and themes you have made.

Reactions: DRE
Any chance that this will auto-fill the steamid field if the account is associated with steam using http://xenforo.com/community/resources/steam-authentication-integration.1336/ ? would be awesome if that was possible

If you know what your custom user field for Steam is then just change it to what you have in the template modification and custom user field directions of this addon.

OR (IDK WTF)

I'm still on the very old Steam Login / Custom User Field combo that DarkImmortal made, I was hoping you could confirm this method of transferring over: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.27790/page-10#post-356578 I'm not sure if that's still accurate with your new version
It should still work. I never changed anything with the MySQL entries that this addon makes.
Anyone who wishes to import from http://xenforo.com/community/resources/steam-custom-profile-field.128/

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=767012&postcount=135

Then

Code:
update xf_user_profile p
inner join xf_user_field_value v on p.user_id = v.user_id and v.field_id = 'Steam'
set p.steam_auth_id = SteamToInt(v.field_value)
where v.field_value <> '' and p.steam_auth_id = 0
I couldn't really figure out what I needed to do :(

It's been awhile since I've used that add-on, but if i recall correctly, this is what the guide tells you to do:

1. Have this add-on installed
  2. Create functions in MySQL that will do the math to convert SteamIDs into community profile numbers (code is at the alliedmodders link)
  3. The MySQL query that Luke posted will convert his add-on SteamIDs to ones used by this add-on using the functions on the MySQL server from the previous step
As always, make backups before doing MySQL queries.

EDIT: You may have to install this add-on first though to get the column. Let me check.

EDIT 2: Looks like you won't need to install this before the conversion. They seem to share the same column name in the table. So follow those steps above and you should be good.

EDIT 3: My apologies, you do have to install this add-on first to be able to import. This add-on stores profile information in the column steam_auth_id (and the install creates this column) and the add-on you use stores it differently.

The easiest method for him would probably be to edit the XML.

Replace instances of {$user.customFields.steamid}
with {$user.steam_auth_id}

That should pull the SteamID64 from the SteamAuth. I haven't tested it though. It's 1:30am, just reloaded my PC, so I'm staring at both XML (mine and DRE's) with regular notepad, and my brain is kind of shot tonight. I could be mistaken. :confused:

Worst case he could just revert back to stock if it doesn't work, but I think it should.

Reactions: DRE

That should pull the SteamID64 from the SteamAuth. I haven't tested it though. It's 1:30am, just reloaded my PC, so I'm staring at both XML (mine and DRE's) with regular notepad, and my brain is kind of shot tonight. I could be mistaken. :confused:

Worst case he could just revert back to stock if it doesn't work, but I think it should.
Yeah that'll do it!

I've been working on my next addon all night. I forgot how to do stuff and having to relearn it all over again. :cry:

Sadly it seems that does not work, I'm guessing because the steamcard doesn't accept SteamID64, it returns this image:
76561197969075617.png

Plus using that method doesn't have the profile field displayed under contact information with the PSN and Xbox fields (which I would have preferred).

Sadly it seems that does not work, I'm guessing because the steamcard doesn't accept SteamID64, it returns this image:
76561197969075617.png

Plus using that method doesn't have the profile field displayed under contact information with the PSN and Xbox fields (which I would have preferred).

Instead of {$user.steam_auth_id}, try {xen:helper steamid, $user.steam_auth_id}

I implemented a helper awhile back that can convert SteamID64 into SteamIDs. Just as long as you have BCMath that should work.

Example of it's use here in my member profile (under the steamprofile): http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/members/howichrgelazer.3/

Well... Nevermind, that isn't going to work. SteamCard.com requires your vanity URL, not your SteamID or SteamID64. So you're kind of out of luck here when it comes to my addon.

Hey man two things. 1: My PSN card is severely outdated. It still says I'm only level 4 when i'm level 12 approaching my 1,000th trophy. Is there a way to fix this?

and 2) My Steam ID card isn't appearing in my profile when I have my Steam ID filled out....

DRE I am looking for an addon which displays PSN, Xbox and Steam gamercards instead of avatars in selected forums.
E.g. in our Xbox forums, a user's xbox gamer card is displayed instead of their avatar.
So I have some questions please.
First with the changes to steam, is this addon getting updated? Same applies whenever gamercard data is changed.
Second, I didn't think PSN had an API for gamercards. How does this work?
Lastly is it possible to update this addon to display gamercards instead of avatars in selected forums please?
If it's not something you want to do yourself, maybe I could get a coder to do it?
Thanks

Top Bottom