1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained 8thos Gamercards 1.5

Put your X-Box, PSN and Steam gamercard in your forum profile page sidebar

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

DRE submitted a new resource:

8thos Gamercards (version 1.0) - Put your gamercard in your forum profile page sidebar

Read more about this resource...

0xym0r0n likes this.
  2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Any way to maybe to get this to work with Origin?

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Guess you want me to add Steam too while I'm at it huh? LOL I will look that up when I'm not busy.

4. Ernest L. Defoe

Well older versions of SimCity used Steam so it wouldn't hurt. It's not a rush job and was more or less just curious. Awesome job on all the addons and themes you have made.

DRE likes this.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll try to add it if I can later.

6. Ernest L. Defoe

Okay awesome. Thank you.

7. JABRONI

JABRONI Well-Known Member

Oh god, SimCity uses Origin also? That game just keeps getting worse & worse from what I'm hearing ;_;

0xym0r0n likes this.
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

10. Dion Sune Jensen

Dion Sune Jensen Active Member

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

If you know what your custom user field for Steam is then just change it to what you have in the template modification and custom user field directions of this addon.

OR (IDK WTF)

12. HowIChrgeLazer

HowIChrgeLazer Well-Known Member

The easiest method for him would probably be to edit the XML.

Replace instances of {$user.customFields.steamid}
    with {$user.steam_auth_id}

That should pull the SteamID64 from the SteamAuth. I haven't tested it though. It's 1:30am, just reloaded my PC, so I'm staring at both XML (mine and DRE's) with regular notepad, and my brain is kind of shot tonight. I could be mistaken. :confused:

Worst case he could just revert back to stock if it doesn't work, but I think it should.

DRE likes this.
  13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah that'll do it!

I've been working on my next addon all night. I forgot how to do stuff and having to relearn it all over again. :cry:

HowIChrgeLazer likes this.
  14. Dion Sune Jensen

Awesome, thanks, I'll be sure to test it once I get off work :)

DRE likes this.
  15. Dion Sune Jensen

Sadly it seems that does not work, I'm guessing because the steamcard doesn't accept SteamID64, it returns this image:
    [​IMG]

Plus using that method doesn't have the profile field displayed under contact information with the PSN and Xbox fields (which I would have preferred).

16. Dion Sune Jensen

17. HowIChrgeLazer

HowIChrgeLazer Well-Known Member

Instead of {$user.steam_auth_id}, try {xen:helper steamid, $user.steam_auth_id}

I implemented a helper awhile back that can convert SteamID64 into SteamIDs. Just as long as you have BCMath that should work.

Example of it's use here in my member profile (under the steamprofile): http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/members/howichrgelazer.3/

Well... Nevermind, that isn't going to work. SteamCard.com requires your vanity URL, not your SteamID or SteamID64. So you're kind of out of luck here when it comes to my addon.

18. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Hey man two things. 1: My PSN card is severely outdated. It still says I'm only level 4 when i'm level 12 approaching my 1,000th trophy. Is there a way to fix this?

and 2) My Steam ID card isn't appearing in my profile when I have my Steam ID filled out....

19. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 Member

Good stuff DRE. Will definitely be using this add-on. (y)

20. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

DRE I am looking for an addon which displays PSN, Xbox and Steam gamercards instead of avatars in selected forums.
    E.g. in our Xbox forums, a user's xbox gamer card is displayed instead of their avatar.
    So I have some questions please.
    First with the changes to steam, is this addon getting updated? Same applies whenever gamercard data is changed.
    Second, I didn't think PSN had an API for gamercards. How does this work?
    Lastly is it possible to update this addon to display gamercards instead of avatars in selected forums please?
    If it's not something you want to do yourself, maybe I could get a coder to do it?
    Thanks