8th.us - A Blog Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point was that you sounded surprised that the memory footprint was larger. I would have assumed that would have been something you had known about instead of just one day saying "Well, I want to have my site running under HHVM".... which is what it sounded like had/has occurred. o_O
I knew about it. I've been following this thread.

Yeah, but it's running on 512mb RAM for the whole VPS. I'd not run your site on 512MB RAM even with php-fpm, so it's a none issue really.
I wouldn't put 8th on something with that little RAM. I've learned enough from being on @Chris D server that's not a good idea when my site's active (especially if there's a weird cron).

Very true, @DRE if you wanted to go for that I can configure that up for you when you are ready.
Nah I'm good with Linode when it's time. Gonna stick with tried and true instead of startups and mofos I never heard of.

Ovh=Soyoustart are not start up company.

OVH is the #1 provider in Europe and 3rd Worldwide.

Nah I'm good with Linode when it's time. Gonna stick with tried and true instead of startups and mofos I never heard of.
Just because you haven't heard of 'em don't make 'em a startup - and the fact that you haven't "head of" them means that you haven't done much VPS/dedi hosting. ;)
They're not up to snuff for what I want on those packages that are being talked about and when you start getting into the areas that I want my server to be I can get it cheaper elsewhere with no setup fee. :whistle:
But they ARE popular and from what I understand their packages are DDOS protected.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
8th is moving to a private, non-searchable, invite-only Google Community under a new name. Create a Google account if you haven't already. Invites will be sent out later after some content has been transferred.

I guess you can close thread now or later. Reason: Can't afford the time or money with this. It's not making money. If I want to make money online, I'll just use my YouTube channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom