1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Reproduce 50x error when using the in-line mod tool...

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by cedivad, Oct 13, 2010.

1. cedivad

cedivad Active Member

... to change the name of a topic putting inside characters like "è" or "à" etc.
    Schermata 2010-10-13 a 22.26.06.png

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't reproduce this. Given that the error that's occurring appears to be happening before the request gets to XF, I don't know if we can do much about it.

Is there anything in an nginx log file?

3. cedivad

cedivad Active Member

Not exactly. If an error in the php script appears, the server returns back the server's error page, not the xf error page. It's configured to act like that.
    However, just tried, in my localhost server that dosen't happens. So it must be my error, somehow.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, you can look at the server error log in XF. But generally speaking, overwriting our error messages with the server messages is not a particularly good idea - we can give specific, useful messages (and be nicer to your end users too).

5. cedivad

cedivad Active Member

True during development, but it's better not to show any kind of error to the final user ;)
    At least for me.
    Unfornatelly, i get no error from the nginx error log. (don't makes a lot of sense, i know)