1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 500 Internal Error happening more often

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tekboi, Jun 13, 2015.

1. tekboi

tekboi Active Member

Today my xenforo website went down with a 500 Internal error. It turned out to be a corrupt .htaccess file (which has been happening more often). When I went to to look at the server log, this was the last error received before the server went down.

[26-Apr-2015 06:06:07 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method XenForo_Link::includeTitlesInUrls() in /home/itsnotch/public_html/vicegamers/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 804
    I have no idea if this is what caused it, but I figured here would be a good place to start analyzing the problem to get to the root issue. Has anybody seen this before? I don't know what it relates to and how I could fix it.

I have just increased the memory limit in the php.ini file on the server. My server also uses a WP instillation, so I increased the php memory limit in the wp config file as well.
  2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

That sounds more like a hardware issue if the actual file is being grunged.

Again, drive starting to fail or other hardware issues? Have you checked your OS messages log?
  3. tekboi

tekboi Active Member

To be completely honest, I have no idea how to check for this. The website is being hosted by Bluehost on a VPS share. It's something I will have to ask them. The few people who i've talked to about this told me that going with bluehost was a bad move, but they could not suggest any alternatives.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That message is from a month and a half ago. Unless it's been down for that long, it won't be related.
  5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If you are on a VPS, then it should be a simple matter of either issuing a sudo cat /var/log/messages|more (but if the log is large, you will be paging down for a while) or just issuing a sudo cat /var/log/message and then scrolling up if it lets you.

You can also do a sudo cat /var/log/messages | grep error to see if there are any tagged with the word error in them
    tekboi likes this.