XF 1.4 500 Internal Error happening more often

tekboi

Today my xenforo website went down with a 500 Internal error. It turned out to be a corrupt .htaccess file (which has been happening more often). When I went to to look at the server log, this was the last error received before the server went down.

Code:
[26-Apr-2015 06:06:07 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method XenForo_Link::includeTitlesInUrls() in /home/itsnotch/public_html/vicegamers/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 804

I have no idea if this is what caused it, but I figured here would be a good place to start analyzing the problem to get to the root issue. Has anybody seen this before? I don't know what it relates to and how I could fix it.

I have just increased the memory limit in the php.ini file on the server. My server also uses a WP instillation, so I increased the php memory limit in the wp config file as well.

Today my xenforo website went down with a 500 Internal error. It turned out to be a corrupt .htaccess file (which has been happening more often). When I went to to look at the server log, this was the last error received before the server went down.
That sounds more like a hardware issue if the actual file is being grunged.

Code:
[26-Apr-2015 06:06:07 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method XenForo_Link::includeTitlesInUrls() in /home/itsnotch/public_html/vicegamers/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php on line 804

I have no idea if this is what caused it, but I figured here would be a good place to start analyzing the problem to get to the root issue. Has anybody seen this before? I don't know what it relates to and how I could fix it.

Again, drive starting to fail or other hardware issues? Have you checked your OS messages log?

That sounds more like a hardware issue if the actual file is being grunged.

Again, drive starting to fail or other hardware issues? Have you checked your OS messages log?
To be completely honest, I have no idea how to check for this. The website is being hosted by Bluehost on a VPS share. It's something I will have to ask them. The few people who i've talked to about this told me that going with bluehost was a bad move, but they could not suggest any alternatives.

If you are on a VPS, then it should be a simple matter of either issuing a sudo cat /var/log/messages|more (but if the log is large, you will be paging down for a while) or just issuing a sudo cat /var/log/message and then scrolling up if it lets you.

You can also do a sudo cat /var/log/messages | grep error to see if there are any tagged with the word error in them

Top Bottom