4chan is a Forum or a Chat or what?

Wondering how this Forum is attracting 12 million unique visitors per month ???

First of its kind in English, and it's pretty much impossible to innovate significantly when it comes to threaded imageboards, so it has no real competition. Even requiring a captcha to be entered on every post had little effect on its popularity.

well, I have no clue about anime and stuff :notworthy:

I was just wondering if this website is doing anything "innovative" which might be a great idea for a mod for XF or something.......

Oh its much much more than anime :)

Go there and click /b/ than go cry for an hour or two
Dam I remmber my first time I clicked that link :sick:

There are many many many failed 4chan's out there... nothing beat the real one tho.

well, I have no clue about anime and stuff :notworthy:

I was just wondering if this website is doing anything "innovative" which might be a great idea for a mod for XF or something.......

Nothing whatsoever - take 9000 steps back from XenForo and you've got 4chan. :p

(Other than anonymous posting of course)

Oh its much much more than anime :)

Go there and click /b/ than go cry for an hour or two
Dam I remmber my first time I clicked that link :sick:

This. Do it.

You may never be the same again though ;)

/b/ is a link at the top on the site ^_^ all letters/numbers are topics, hover over them to learn them and learn them well! wrong click and you could be in trouble :D

Click on pretty much any section on the homepage first though.

Would link you directly, but we are breaking rules 1 and 2 enough as it is.

seems like this 4chan is quite popular, the founder saying the "waterfall" (seems like being some kind of chat-room) is the core product.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_13/b4221043353206.htm

http://www.fastcompany.com/1738301/...ure-brings-the-fun-of-4chan-to-the-mainstream

Wondering how this Forum is attracting 12 million unique visitors per month ???

The man is doing something right, he just got funding (VC I think) for a new site that will lead the new era of image boards.
It's called http://canv.as/, I asked for a beta invite and got in, it's pretty cool, like 4chan on steroids

The thing is that 4chan has insane activity, so they must be doing something right ...
And yet, they are so simple, no massive options, no massive features, no subscription

At the very least, it's intriguing

I'd rather see 4chan as a forum. I can't stand the way it looks or how threads work.
if it were a forum it wouldnt be 4chan.
the whole anonymous poster thing has a huge impact on the culture there. it both minimises the effect of ego while encouraging users to speak without fear of being sanctioned and such.
the thread view allows users to read a huge number of 'threads' quickly, and spam them with content just as quickly.

4chan is 4chan. By now I think we can safely conclude that it's become a category of it's own, especially when it doesn't seem to fit in any other.

Top Bottom