414 Request-URI Too Large (Xen Media Gallery 2.1.7)

a.tushkanov

Got it only in Safari on page ../media/add after clicking «Add Media» button.

af55041480.jpg

Change
#client_header_buffer_size 185k;
#large_client_header_buffers 4 185k;
in nginx.conf does not help...

That particular version of the Gallery is no longer supported, but aside from that, I would suggest that you need to contact your host for this particular issue as it would seemingly be caused by a web server config.

Quite possibly, though there is likely some differences, but the error is still caused by a server configuration.

You seem to have changed the correct config values but maybe they are being overridden by something else or they're not high enough or you didn't restart nginx.

It can be made in
  1. nginx.conf
    #client_header_buffer_size 32k;
    #large_client_header_buffers 16 512k;

or

2. httpd.conf (not in .htaccess)
    #LimitRequestLine ...
    #LimitRequestFieldSize ...
Got Apache+nginx in chain...
Be sure i've restarted both in console, but no effect. Desktop Safari got small usage %, but mobile much bigger (ipads etc.), so need to rebuild to POST values instead of GET (advice from most regooogled answers...)

No idea why stuff like below appears before uploading process... :(
4c2e677960.jpg

I guess problem is in cyrillic img names became such names. So headers are so big..

Last edited:
The config values you have posted above all have hash symbols before them. Is this how they appear in the config files? If so then they likely won't take effect because they are commented out.

Is there any particular reason why you won't upgrade to XFMG 1.0.x? I see you're running XF 1.4.x so I appreciate you can't install XFMG 1.1, but by running a now unsupported version, you're missing out on many bug fixes and improvements.

I'm fairly sure, in fact, these extended URLs may have been a bug which has since been resolved.

Therefore my only advice at this point is you need to upgrade to a minimum of XFMG 1.0.9.

The config values you have posted above all have hash symbols before them. Is this how they appear in the config files?
Can't imagine a person, who get access to console via ssh/htaccess/x.conf files and don't understand the meaning of # symbol. No, it's not me :D but thank you for your question about it ;)

Yes, maybe 'll upgrade later and see if bug disappear ..

Top Bottom