1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 403 Issue for Users

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by ryladine, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ryladine

ryladine Member

After the initial installation (And import from Mybb) my forum is presenting users who are logged in (not guests) a 403 permission denied error on the front end of the website, however the admin backend is displaying properly.

The forum is running on IIS, I've not been able to identify any error messages through IIS other than the 403, the IIS user has the proper permissions on the xenforo directory,.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Notably, this line is significant:
    Code:
    <httpErrors existingResponse="PassThrough" />
    It's very likely that IIS is overriding the 403 response that XenForo sends for a no permission error. (Which is something you'd need to look at, as it's likely related to the imported permissions, but that would come after sorting this out.)

4. ryladine

ryladine Member

That appears to have been the case, now I just need to remake the permissions and everything should be set hopefully. My thanks for the assistance.