XF 2.1 403 Error Whole Forum is Down

Quartzite

I had Xenforo installed on my addon domain so I went into the File Manager and made a new file and then installed WordPress in that file to try and bring everything into that one domain. I uninstalled the WordPress. I went into the File Manager and changed or deleted something. I don't know what it was but I ended up with a 403 error whenever I visit my website. I tried to use the restore wizard with both databases but it did not do anything. Does someone here know how to fix this? I went to Themehouse and they said it was a Server Configuration Error and to talk to my server administrator. I went to GoDaddy and they said they did not know how to reinstall this (It had something to do with an index page missing). Is there someone here that knows how to fix this so I could get back to my forum?

Thanks.

The ACP is working so it's likely just a file issue.

I went to GoDaddy and they said they did not know how to reinstall this (It had something to do with an index page missing).
If index.php is missing from the XF root directory, extract it from the archive you can download from your customer account and upload it to the server.

Ok. I figured out the problem. With the domain I made a separate folder in the file manager and installed Simple Machines forum software in there so I literally had two separate forums on the domain plus the WordPress. After talking with tech support at GoDaddy, he remarked that the index page from the archive looked very different from the backup in my file manager and sure enough, the index page from the archive was for Simple Machines forum. which was why I still got an error I deleted that index file and then replaced it with the index page from the backup and was able to restore the forum completely.

Top Bottom