• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

40 usd for shoutcast support(internet radio)

If you have a dedicated server of your own you can buy a license for WHMSonic @$35.

They will install Shoutcast on your server and setup the WHMSonic Control Panel.

They also provide FREE snippets that you can simply add to an html page and by adding an extra tab on your navbar it is available to all....

Demo of HTML Snipptes added to an external page...

http://themoddingscene.com/radio/

Hope that helps.....

By the way , that vB addon in the thread you supplied in the first post very rarely worked and never updated the song that was playing...

The same author also supplied a standalone version that worked a little better but again the song playing tended to lag behind what was on display..

WHMSonic , also install and configure Shoutcast on to your server in the process of adding WHMSonic Control Panel.

Regards..

eqnoble pm sent
theboss, well the vb mods works fine for me and it never had any issues. using vb 3.8.x
But the reason for referencing that mod is because i want my desired mod to be exactly like that. Showing what s currently playing. Oh and i usedirectadmin so not sure if that whmsonc is compatible

I have not yet figured out how to display the current playing song...yet. I have however managed to embed a stream into flowplayer. I will be getting a shoutcast server (which I keep forgetting to do) so I can play with it and figure out how it works a little better. But yeah for now all I can do is embed or make a popup player for the shoutcast streams. If that helps I can share it.

If you look here at my test site:
http://www.sharealot-media.co.uk/index.php

You will see TMS Radio which is streaming from my shoutcast server and is updating the song title every minute....
This was achieved with RAGTEK`s help and the purchase of a $12 player from ActiveDen called Aero AS3 Shoutcast Player.

It still takes a little fiddling with to show as is but they are just small template edits...

PS: It works fine and shows as it is on the default template & Whisper Skin ( Child of default skin ) but does not show correct on a dark skin like Tenebrae , it shows with a green background...

Regards..

Yeah join forum ( its only test site , not live )

Then try clicking little black triangle... once it starts playing you will see orange flashing on the base , click that it brings up last 10 songs played..

Regards..

dont really like the teamplate of the radio.. looks to bulky to me. rather have template based on just css styling, would that be possible?

Another way it can be used is to set it up in reply #14 in a folder of its own...

Then create your own forum toolbar with conduit.com and by creating your own " My Apps " it will play via the toolbar as shown below..
68057759645775388148.png

Conduit is a great way of creating income for your forum , I have over 260,000 installations of my toolbar that generates a monthly income....

Regards..

this is nothing what i originally want, the template as stated is too ugly, toolbar is impractical use, not something my members want to install, wish to have a radio mods similar to vborg mod
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238209

my offer for 40 usd still stand
for supporting shoutcast script
But this add-on is not a player.
It links only to the "shoutcast download" which will be opened in winamp/realplayer/mediaplayer/quicktime

If you give me your shoutcast server address (again, I lost it) I will give you a possible solution for browser playback

Update: I have found your address&port

Top Bottom