1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$300 for Statistics of Top Posters, Post Ratings Etc.

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by surfsup, Nov 3, 2012.

1. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

I need a resource to show up either as a widget or atleast just a page where I can view of the following statistics:

Top Liked Person (Using Post Ratings)
    Top Posters

Needs to show monthly cause I need to grab the stats and make an announcement each month.

2. James

James Well-Known Member

I'd suggest searching the forum first before losing 300 dollars!

3. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

The addon that was here was released by someone associated with one of the larger pirating sites. It's been deleted as of now as well.

surfsup and James like this.
  4. oman

oman Well-Known Member

I still have a copy if you need it.

5. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

If you only need this data for yourself, it's pretty easy to run a SQL statement against your database and see the results?

surfsup likes this.
  6. wdb

wdb Active Member

This addon is pretty close except the posts and likes are combined

surfsup likes this.
  7. James

James Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem like a particularly difficult add-on, but yeah, there are a few around that do the job.

surfsup likes this.
  8. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Floris's Addon that he was developing before he left would have been perfect for you :-(

surfsup likes this.
  9. surfsup

10. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump old thread, BUT in the event this was never done...

I'm not sure how large your forum is but if you'd like to test out what I have. I have made something for page nodes. So far it grabs most likes, post count, bd bank $, message count.

Working on the post ratings feature, most profile visits, most replies, most threads, and so forth.
    Right now the only way to disable certain ones is just commenting out the lines of code. Going to make each one available as a block for xenportal and/or the widget framework.

No charge, but donations are always welcome. Found some tutorials here that helped me make it. My only issue is I do believe larger forums will need to set up a cron job and cache the information. SO I have to write how-to on that... but seeing as I can't really test that out... my how-to is more like a I-hope-so

surfsup likes this.
  11. surfsup

This is still up! I hope a coder comes out with this soon ;)

12. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

http://www.xfshowcase.com/popular/ - like this ?

13. surfsup

Kinda, but that only shows of ALL time. I need something for Monthly, kinda like those older vb mods like top posters of the month etc.

14. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

That changes to however we choose it to display...

Weekly, daily, monthly, whatever...

15. Sheldon

And actually, ours is set to display just the last 3 weeks.

3weeks.png

16. surfsup

oh cool! wonder how we can get it to work with post ratings to show whos the highest liked (positive rating members)

But isnt that mod discontinued the one your using?

17. Sheldon

Yes, unfortunately.

18. RobParker

Do you think Floris might be up for Chris or someone continuing development of it? I have the latest version Floris gave to the beta testers but don't really want to use it as there's no guarantee it'll work going forward. It's a great addon though :-(

19. Sheldon

That is the version I have.

Doubtful on the continuing development.

20. RobParker

Yep I know :) It's just too big a risk using it if there's no development. Have you spoken to Floris at all?