Add-on Top Posters of the Day/Week/Month Page+Sidebar

surfsup

I have teamed up with a developer to create a much needed addon and would love to hear your suggestions so we can make this addon perfect for everyones needs. I do need some help so any coders please feel free to chime in! This way we can run monthly contests and also see who was the top posters of the year instead of 'alltime' like xenforo currently offers. I have spent a lot of money on this addon to be created so I might either launch it free with donations or at a low cost until the addon is paid for then open it up for free.

Current features:
  • Sidebar widget to show current month stats up to 10 users with Avatars+Total post count of the current month.
  • Sidebar widget to show the #1 winner of previous month top poster
  • Options in ADMINCP allows you to turn on/off sidebar features (and will be compatible with widget framework, maybe in launch version or next)
  • Dedicated page on Members section (see image) to show current month and previous month top posters. You can choose xx amount of members you would like to see.
Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 11.20.28 AM.webp
Issues I need some help on:

Caching

While caching, how should the results be updated? Like if a person posts and doesn't see the change in leaderboard due to it being cached, this might cause a bit confusion.

I can set an update interval which can be changed by admin or I could do cache only the results from previous months and display live data for current month.

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 11.21.16 AM.webp

Top Bottom