2nd Quarter arrives in 4 days... anyone else climbing the walls waiting for 1.2?

Rob

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of 1.2.

Besides the new stopforumspam integrations and a mobile style announced in the developer update I have not seen any concrete evidence of other new features. Right now it seems we are all guessing at what will be included. It's been said some bug fixes and improvements for add on developers will be included but besides that we are all playing 'wait and see'.

It's been a while since any developer update has been released - can anything more be announced yet?

Since a calendar quarter is 3 months, I wouldn't start climbing the walls until 3 months + 4 days.

This would be great !

I already own two license and want to buy a third one to convert a big board (> 2.5 mio posts) to xenforo. It would be good to know that xenforo wont be a dead end ... with Kier beeing absent for 2 months.

This would be great !

I already own two license and want to buy a third one to convert a big board (> 2.5 mio posts) to xenforo. It would be good to know that xenforo wont be a dead end ... with Kier beeing absent for 2 months.
Dead end? I'd bet my house on the fact it isn't. XenForo is leading the field.

It's been a while since any developer update has been released - can anything more be announced yet?

Yes, a developer update of the 1.2 planned new features would be great so that we can prepare ahead for what will be coming later this year. There are several mods we are considering installing, but we're waiting to see what will be in the 1.2 core first.

Regardless, you can trust that the XenForo team is working hard behind-the-scenes. Sometimes when it seems like not much is happening, big things are actually going on behind-the-scenes. Keep the faith.

I am still pretty much undecided about xenforo, but mostly because I am stuck with certain addons. Let's see where xenforo is heading to...

Stop being so anal about everything ..

"We are aiming to release a beta of XenForo 1.2 sometime in the second quarter of this year."

some
time
IN
2nd Q.

And that was posted some time in January, just over a handful of weeks ago.
The 1st quarter hasn't even finished yet. They can release it within a period of the next THREE months.

And people are already saying things like "gotta wait and see", "is this dead", "no evidence ..."

For the first time that I can remember, I'm actually happy with XF as it is now. Sure, there are a few features I wouldn't kick out of bed... edit history, calendar, mobile style, member birthdays... but my community seems to be enjoying it as it stands, and we're being distracted by various great mods to play with. So I'm in no rush.

It would be nice to have more frequent development updates or teasers though, if only to confirm all is well.

"We are aiming to release a beta of XenForo 1.2 sometime in the second quarter of this year."

some
time
IN
2nd Q.

And that was posted some time in January, just over a handful of weeks ago.
The 1st quarter hasn't even finished yet. They can release it within a period of the next THREE months.

And people are already saying things like "gotta wait and see", "is this dead", "no evidence ..."

Still think it will be a Chuck Norris Edition though :p

OR OR .... Maybe we could have a prequel?

XENFORO 0.5 - Rise of the VB Eaters

EDIT: Seriously though guys, floris is right. Give it a rest

That said, I think just like everybody else, we're just looking forward to 1.2.
Precisely my point of this thread.

I think the 'anal' people are the ones questioning this threads' very existence. Im impatient.... I'm excited... anal? No, that's not me :P

I'm literally right on the edge of getting a license. I'm just waiting see if there will be any more news or updates regarding the upcoming release. I should be getting it sometime next month regardless but a new update would speed that time up. (y)

Xenforo 1.2 is due out soon.
I used my watch and noticed something.
Soon never arrives.

The watched pot release never boils arrives.

Yes, a developer update of the 1.2 planned new features would be great so that we can prepare ahead for what will be coming later this year. There are several mods we are considering installing, but we're waiting to see what will be in the 1.2 core first.

It's been said some bug fixes and improvements for add on developers will be included but besides that we are all playing 'wait and see'.

Exactly, this is very important to big board folks.

Beta and Sometime being the key words....

I think the last thing most of us want is any hurry on this stuff - XF has come to market fairly cleanly, and reputation is much more important - in the long run - than meeting guessed-at update deadlines.

For those wanting to move over to XF, waiting is probably not the best move. A stable existing release with add-ons that have been well tested might be a better move.

Even when the new version comes out I won't upgrade instantly. It's only prudent, if you value your community, to let others do the initial testing!

Top Bottom