2nd Quarter arrives in 4 days... anyone else climbing the walls waiting for 1.2?

I'm expecting the Resource Manager will an extra paid add-on, much like the new search is. Would be surprised if it's not.

A little birdy told me 1.2 might be a lot closer than people think :D

Now I told you to go to the doctors about that ... Hearing voices is bad!!!

whats that? Speak up..... Ohhhhhhh

And my other self said he's looking forward to it.

Now I told you to go to the doctors about that ... Hearing voices is bad!!!

whats that? Speak up..... Ohhhhhhh

And my other self said he's looking forward to it.

Oh you mean Slevik? He says 1.2 is soon.

I never meant this to be a 'hurry up' thread - I don't want a hurry even though I am mega excited and jumping up and down. The point for the thread was to try and get to know more of what will actually be in 1.2. I have a fairly sizeable board and planning is important. Right now I can plan to ditch my third party mobile skin - this is good planning because I can stop throwing effort at it since 'i know' it will be in 1.2. I can also not bother with stopforumspam add-ons, especially as there isnt really a perfect solution to that at the moment. See, I can plan ahead on the two things I know about however, thats really not much to go on now is it. There are countless bigger boards than mine, some huge, some mammoth and its essential to plan ahead but there is little to plan ahead for. It has been touted that there are loads of cool features coming to 1.2 and that has to leave me wondering which mods I can do without and which mods I still need. Do I install 'x' mod and spend time configuring, ironing issues, et al or will it soon be in core?

I'm just a little disappointed at us being so in the dark when we have site roadmaps to consider and plan - what road are we on again?

Really looking forward to the Resource Manager as well... more so than the 1.2 release.

ah.. and for those waiting for 1.2, the current version rocks! you shouldn't wait for the new release.

I'm eagerly awaiting 1.2 for the mobile template and other goodies that might be in store for us. I have 5 licenses, none of which have been renewed. This will change in seconds flat once I see the beta. The drama here is getting reminiscent of the vB days. I hope all of that is put to rest in the coming weeks. Hoping the mystery is all part of the plan that is a stellar feature-set in 1.2.

I'm still not sure how exactly how I'm going to implement the Resource Manager, but I'll definitely be purchasing and adding to my iPhone forums.

The drama here is getting reminiscent of the vB days. I hope all of that is put to rest in the coming weeks.

That's part of the reason why I am still hesitating switching to xenforo. But I think that everything will be okay, at the end. ^^

I think the resources manager comes first. Then a beta of 1.2
Depends on whether or not 1.2 has additions in the way of hooks or other changes that make integration with the RM possible, in which case XF 1.2 would be required before the RM can operate.
That's part of the reason why I am still hesitating switching to xenforo. But I think that everything will be okay, at the end. ^^
You can switch without worry. :) Don't let people here put doubt about that in your mind; I've seen some get worried when there's no reason to be.

I'm very happy with the current version.

I hope in the future they make some sort of a roadmap or at the very least let the developers in on what they think they might be planning for the future so they can decide whether to make certain mods or not.

I'm very happy with the current version.

I hope in the future they make some sort of a roadmap or at the very least let the developers in on what they think they might be planning for the future so they can decide whether to make certain mods or not.
They already do this. It's silly for a developer to not doing anything for fear that it may be a default functionality sometime in the future.

Top Bottom