200 Characters for Rating a Resource?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from personal opinions, if there is a 10 page (still counting) thread discussion going on, then chances are high that something is wrong. It's very easy to notice that.
Too right something is wrong. . . the amount of effort people are putting into arguing in this thread - it would take less effort to write a 200 character review for a basic addon :D

Apart from personal opinions, if there is a 10 page (still counting) thread discussion going on, then chances are high that something is wrong. It's very easy to notice that.

The amount of pages that a discussion accumulates isn't an indicator that something is wrong. #Fact

After all, isn't this a discussion forum? If people are concerned about the length of pages any given thread is, ignore the thread, ignore it's participants or all of the above. #redactorthread

[x] successfully missed the point. ;)
Actually, the point is - most of the posts in this thread are silly back and forths like this one and not relevant posts to the thread. Go back and count the actual number of posts that are a clear argument for and against, (not repeating the same things over and over or flippant remarks by people who are bored to death of seeing the thread showing up in what's new with nothing new in it) and you'll probably find it's closer to 2 pages long.

Compelling argument, hey. I can't write 200 characters because? #waiting
oh oh I can answer this one.

"I can't write 200 characters for a review because I'm far too busy writing paragraphs complaining about the fact i can't think up 200 characters to write in a review"

What do I win?

Has anything of substance actually come up in the last X pages? At this point, it's almost entirely tit-for-tat responses with no additional points brought up.

I commented on this a little while ago. We're still evaluating what's going on. If you can't write enough about something, then it doesn't meet the review requirements so it shouldn't be posted as a review. If you want to thank the author, there are ample other means of doing it.

Just as an additional mention: there are various other sites that do have review minimums. IMDB was thrown out and they have a "10 line" minimum (and yes, I've seen people try to avoid that too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom