2 minor suggestions for the Whats New button, please.

Dean

in memoriam
Could you please swap the Whats New & Mark All forums read buttons in the Forums tab?

XenForo Community_1281238155771.webp

Could you please put a Whats New button just to the right of Watched Thread in this picture? Every time I click on Watched topics this page shows up, and it takes time to get to the Whats New through the Forums tab the way it is now. Please?

Latest Alerts - XenForo Community_1281238143029.webp

Upvote 0
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it does get moved again. I'm sure there won't be a consensus. I moved it when in the template playing with some other things. I'm not sure if I have a particular preference here because I'm left handed and thus think a particular way. :)

...I'm not sure if I have a particular preference here because I'm left handed and thus think a particular way. :)

That actually occurred to me about an hour ago when thinking about this thread. I did not want to ask a personal question though.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it does get moved again. I'm sure there won't be a consensus. I moved it when in the template playing with some other things. I'm not sure if I have a particular preference here because I'm left handed and thus think a particular way. :)

I am left handed too, and actually like it the way it is. (What's New first).

I am left handed too, and actually like it the way it is. (What's New first).
I'm a rightie and I like it this/that way too :)

For me the least used options should always be at the end of a list, both vertical and horizontal.

Regardless of the position, many of us will end up moving it so for the time being, I don't really care where it is. I just want that #@$)(*@# confirmation box to go away.

I'm a lefty too, but don't care either way where it goes. :p

Well then if most of you don't care, could we pulleeeeaaaasssssee move it back to the right? Cuz I do care.
yes.gif

Well then if most of you don't care, could we pulleeeeaaaasssssee move it back to the right? Cuz I do care.
yes.gif

Me too.

I *think* I know may be what is happening. I use a touch pad for navigation, not a mouse. With a touch pad trying to replicate what a mouse does in a limited area there is a trade off between being able to scroll fast around the page, and being able to carefully select and click the desired place. When using a touch pad it seems much easier to use buttons closer to the center of the page.

My guess is that the people that don't care, or prefer the New Posts on the left, might be using a mouse that can much more easily navigate web pages.

?

I am not sure why this is a big deal? I unconsciously recognized the change before I read that it was changed. Once we get XenForo in our hands, we will be able to change it to what we like. Yay template systems!

Me too.

I *think* I know may be what is happening. I use a touch pad for navigation, not a mouse. With a touch pad trying to replicate what a mouse does in a limited area there is a trade off between being able to scroll fast around the page, and being able to carefully select and click the desired place. When using a touch pad it seems much easier to use buttons closer to the center of the page.

My guess is that the people that don't care, or prefer the New Posts on the left, might be using a mouse that can much more easily navigate web pages.

?

Interesting perspective, and I understand how using a touchpad is much more tedious. But I use a mouse and I'm on team "move it". :p

I'm seriously having a hard time with the What's New link on the left. I need to have the links that I use the most, right in front of me. Otherwise, I feel all out of whack.
Weird, eh?

I'm seriously having a hard time with the What's New link on the left. I need to have the links that I use the most, right in front of me. Otherwise, I feel all out of whack.
Weird, eh?

Well technically, the links are still on the left, so even if they switch it so it's on the right, it's still on the left. :p

I got used it it pretty well, but I can understand having the link more centered with people's line of vision.

Well technically, the links are still on the left, so even if they switch it so it's on the right, it's still on the left. :p

I got used it it pretty well, but I can understand having the link more centered with people's line of vision.

Personally, I'm using the fixed-width style, so it's closer to the center on this skin than it is on the fluid skin.

Top Bottom