2.2 beta 1 first impressions

Okay okay I admit it, I updated mine on a live site I couldn't help myself.
source.gif

And you live to tell us about it so everything is ok.
Well at first some add-ons took the site offline and I was about to complain (couldn't help my self :ROFLMAO:)

Shortly followed by a ticket and then "What do you mean it's not supported?! I paid good money for this! Is it your product or not?!!!!1111"

;)

:D
But little friendly code to get site online to disable add-ons...
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

And boom back online and it's very stable, this wasn't first beta i have tried on live site and won't be the last :eek:

I can't help it :LOL: xf really shouldn't keep going on about it because your going to get daredevils like me...

"This is beta software. It is not officially supported.
We do not recommend running it in production.
"

"Please remember that this is beta/preview software. It contains known bugs and incomplete functionality. We do not recommend or support running beta software in a production environment. Support for beta releases is limited to questions here on the community forums."

Thing is, they are still sometimes changing and adding things right up to the RCs. I don't want to subject my users to that even if the beta is stable. Bully for those who try using it in a live environment but it's not how I swing.
Exactly. It's not only the bugs it's subjecting your users to changes and treating them as beta-testers as XF is still tweaking and listening to suggestions. It's not fair to put your membership through multiple stages of change.

My first impression is that my theme is way too customised and is now totally borked.

1595795307592.webp

This will take some time unless I want to switch it up to the 90's aesthetic.

#Don'tRunBetasInProduction​

#TechSupportLivesMatter-ReduceSupportTickets​

#DefaultThemesAndSettingsMatterAndMakeLifeSoMuchEasierWhenThey'reReallyGood​

My first impression is that my theme is way too customised and is now totally borked.

View attachment 231393

I like it - very retro. Can you add a blink tag or two?

I can't see the 2.2 beta download in my customer section? Is there something I need to do?

View attachment 231393

im the only guy without dev demo site ... I just upgraded with a click and everything works well

I'm in my customer account, but I can only select 2.1.10 Patch 2 to download?
You are likely past your support/free upgrade date. Have you renewed your license in the last year?

Edit: actually the download does appear to not be showing right now. Might be a new beta coming...

Top Bottom