XF 2.2 2.2.3 Patch 1 - Paypal issues

Minseok

I have somehow not been able to get Paypal confirmations for user upgrades after this update.
Anyone else having these issues?
I've been in contact with both my host and Paypal..none of them seem to have any issues and IPs provided by Paypal show no issues on my host.
User gets directed to Paypal -> payment is confirmed on Paypal dashboard -> no confirmation ever gets received.
Multiple errors from 2/17/2021 to present..all IPNs are stuck on retrying and subsequently failed.

Solution
Update as of 2/23/2021..this was caused by Paypal's server.

via MerchantTechSupport (Paypal)
Hello Minseok,

So I think I have good news. We implemented a change on our side at the network level that may of impacted this and other merchants too (unknown to us at the time). This changed was rolled back this morning around 11:50 GMT. I do have a favor - can we try one more new purchase and see how this IPN generates?

Thank you!!

As soon as this went live, the payment from 2/22/2021 went through without issue..and any IPN stuck retrying went through successfully.

Regards
Same.

I haven't had time to look into it yet.
I've had it happen for a while in the past but it only lasted maybe 1 day max or a few hours. This was always on PP's end that it was an issue.
But I haven't had anything confirm since 2/17/2021 so I swapped out my payment option to Stripe (which has been working great).
Paypal reported that when trying to contact the IPN on payment_callback.php it was receiving "OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL".
Other than that, I haven't got any new information.

Here's the update from today from Paypal:
Thanks for your reply on this! This is strange considering we do not have a wide issue with IPNs at this time. Let me get these details and engage our network team to see if there is anything on our side that could be causing these SSL errors. I will be in touch in a bit with an update!

Update as of 2/23/2021..this was caused by Paypal's server.

via MerchantTechSupport (Paypal)
Hello Minseok,

So I think I have good news. We implemented a change on our side at the network level that may of impacted this and other merchants too (unknown to us at the time). This changed was rolled back this morning around 11:50 GMT. I do have a favor - can we try one more new purchase and see how this IPN generates?

Thank you!!

As soon as this went live, the payment from 2/22/2021 went through without issue..and any IPN stuck retrying went through successfully.

Regards

Solution
Still not working for me.

I did note that PP is trying to call back to an old URL which was changed many years ago, so it's failing with 404.
What's weird is the same callbacks have worked for years, so I have no idea why they've reverted to the old URL.

I'll put a rewrite rule in place which should resolve it.

I have somehow not been able to get Paypal confirmations for user upgrades after this update.
Anyone else having these issues?
I've been in contact with both my host and Paypal..none of them seem to have any issues and IPs provided by Paypal show no issues on my host.
User gets directed to Paypal -> payment is confirmed on Paypal dashboard -> no confirmation ever gets received.
Multiple errors from 2/17/2021 to present..all IPNs are stuck on retrying and subsequently failed.

We are having the same issue since 4/6/21.

@Brogan what is the rewrite rule?

We are having the same issue since 4/6/21.

@Brogan what is the rewrite rule?
I have been having no issues.

There are a few things you might need to check:
  • Make sure your IPN url is correct.
    • 52145356c5df482c5142641b4997236d.webp
  • Make sure whatever payments are being made, they are actually being confirmed. If a user made a purchase and it's on hold, the payment isn't confirmed yet to upgrade the account.

These are the only reason I could see it being an issue at this very moment.
If you go to the IPN history page, it should show you if there is any error.
Could also be a host issue.

The IPN field is largely irrelevant as XF passes the correct URL to PayPal when the upgrade is purchased.

However, it just needs to be: your Board URL/payment_callback.php.

Top Bottom