XF 2.2 2.2.13 PHP

I'm on version 8.2.7 and the platform works great!
That's just having luck. It can work great, but Xenforo still does not officially support even php 8.1 yet.

Also various addons might not work on php 8.1 or 8.2 so it's not advisable. One can use it, but at own risk ofcourse.

I wonder if Xenforo will give (ticket) support if issues occur by using an unsupported PHP version but probably not.

We’re comfortable recommending PHP 8.1 at this point. I believe our requirements will be updated to reflect that in due course.

PHP 8.1 is in "Security fixes only" status right now, and will consequently arrive to its end of life in the coming months...

Any date scheduled for XF fully supporting 8.2?

Thank you

8.2 probably works fine. But we aren't going to declare it as being fully supported until XenForo 2.3.

While operationally you shouldn't encounter any issues, your server error log will get flooded with E_DEPRECATED notices if you're using XenForo 2.2 and PHP 8.2 or above with debug/development mode enabled.

These can be safely ignored, though that can be clearly somewhat alarming. There is a similar issue with PHP 8.1 as well, but that's on a much smaller scale.

It's strange, if I'm working without a panel, it's not enough for me to just update the version to 8.2? Do I need to connect any other modules specifically?

In shared hosting with a PHP selector, besides selecting the version you have to check off which extensions to use. I have to deal with that tomorrow when I dial mine up to 8.2 (currently 8.0). But if you run your own server, then it probably doesn't come up the same way.

So mine looks like this:
I currently have XF 2.2.13 on a shared hosting server using PHP 8.1.27 and it works great. Given the discussion above, I am thinking that I should consider moving to PHP 8.2 or 8.3 (which are available by the shared host provider) before upgrading to XF 2.2.15. Looking at cPanel, I do not see any option to configure "PHP extensions". Are these extensions something that the host determines...or am I missing something?

I currently have XF 2.2.13 on a shared hosting server using PHP 8.1.27 and it works great. Given the discussion above, I am thinking that I should consider moving to PHP 8.2 or 8.3 (which are available by the shared host provider) before upgrading to XF 2.2.15. Looking at cPanel, I do not see any option to configure "PHP extensions". Are these extensions something that the host determines...or am I missing something?
When you open Select PHP Version on mine (DirectAdmin but it was the same on cPanel), that screen I snipped is right there. That said, I am limited to what my host has made available which, for instance, forced me to hold on 7.4 or something for a while until 8 became available so maybe a similar scenario? Might need to contact your host's tech support.

Top Bottom