1and1 - another thumbs up.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I've had one of my dedicated servers with 1and1 for near on 8 years or so. Obviously in that time, the specs on other servers ect have gone up and up.

Had a call from them today basically offering me to upgrade my server to one double the specs for absolutely nothing. On top of that, they will give me 2 months of "transfer window" free of charge where I would be running both servers for nothing while I transfer all the data over from the one to another server.

They say since they upgraded their package specs, i've been paying for a few months over the odds, so want to get me onto the right package :)

Once again, a big thumbs up for 1and1 going above and beyond.

So, while we wait for them to set the server up, who wants to volunteer for some optimisation :D

Glad to hear of some great customer service, just checked out their website and I'll definitely be considering them very highly when I need another dedicated server. I just wish more companies realised the value of customer interaction.

The only thing I'll caution you with on 1and1 is that while their hosting is great, and their customer service...their DNS control panel is HORRIBAD, it's in bad need of an upgrade. I'd seriously recommend keeping your registrar at like godaddy or namecheap and then just use them as hosting not as your registrar as well. I had my forum there for 4 years until we moved to a vps and never had an issue.

Their customer support is horrible and so is their DNS control panel. We have lot of customers complaining about them. I had my very first website at one of their servers but that was 13 years ago.

It is good to see that you are happy with them but a lot of customers are not.

Their customer support is horrible and so is their DNS control panel. We have lot of customers complaining about them. I had my very first website at one of their servers but that was 13 years ago.

It is good to see that you are happy with them but a lot of customers are not.

I agree the dns pannel is nasty, however I just can't agree with CS, 24/7 by phone support, every time answered in a timely matter and had any issues resolved that needed to be done.

But as with anything, those who are unhappy make the most noise, and the 99% of happy people that don't mention anything get forgotten ;)

One thing we should not forget:
1 und 1 (in Germany) and 1 and 1 (other countries) might handle customers totally different. My experience (and the experiences from others that I am referring to) are related to the Germany company. :)

1 und 1 (in Germany) and 1 and 1 (other countries) might handle customers totally different. My experience (and the experiences from others that I am referring to) are related to the Germany company. :)

Aha, mine UK obviously :)

Either way, I don't think i'll move hosts anytime soon, I would have happily and blissfully unawarely carried on paying over the odds for my service had they not rang!

I'm one of those too dmnkhhn, their customer support sucks! forget to get a response via e-mail support, last time it took 8 days to get an answer. And calling them is not much of a help either. They had a firewall issue a while ago, which they confirmed later, they kept saying it was a user-end problem, that I'd messed up something! Eventually they apologied later for that. As soon as my contract is over, I'm out of there!

There are basically 3 hosts that I don't recommend to even my worst enemies... GoDaddy, Dreamhost and 1and1.

I use Knownhost, they don't ever call me to "offer" me an upgrade for a "limited time"... they just do it, for free.

I wouldn't recommend anybody except Knownhost at this point.

Top Bottom