100 emails per hour

ManuTdi

Hello!

I have the problem that my hosting only lets me send 100 emails per hour, and have 500 users. It would be possible to xenforo send only 100 emails every hour?

Spooky!
I was just talking to Mike about this earlier.

The per page sending limit is 100 when sending mass emails from the ACP.
Any other registration, subscription or conversation emails will take you over that limit.

Mike did suggest a script change to the send mail template, but it just inserts a delay per each page, which won't help you.

At this present time there is no way to throttle emails easily.

Spooky!
I was just talking to Mike about this earlier.

The per page sending limit is 100 when sending mass emails from the ACP.
Any other registration, subscription or conversation emails will take you over that limit.

Mike did suggest a script change to the send mail template, but it just inserts a delay per each page, which won't help you.

At this present time there is no way to throttle emails easily.
Because this is very important to solve because many hosting have a limit of email per hour and it is a shame that xenforo has no option to delay emails. With cron or something similar nor?

I'd need more control over email too. Amazon SES solves the email sending problem but XF gotta give us options to-

1. Control email sending rate.
2. Handle bounced mails.
3. Better user selection criteria for sending mails.
4. Ability to send account activation emails.

etc.

Hello!

I have the problem that my hosting only lets me send 100 emails per hour, and have 500 users. It would be possible to xenforo send only 100 emails every hour?
What is your host doing with any of the extra e-mails? Do they queue them or black hole them?

100/hour say say a figure ... if in my forum I have 2000 users and 2000 controller only sends me emails that my hosting limit has, the rest is sent and is a problem. Many hosting has limited el sending emails

thank you! from other tools is that you can do this but it would be interesting to do this in XenForo without using other tools. if not from cron tasks that could be done.

Top Bottom