1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 emails per hour

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ManuTdi, Feb 10, 2012.

1. ManuTdi

ManuTdi Active Member

I have the problem that my hosting only lets me send 100 emails per hour, and have 500 users. It would be possible to xenforo send only 100 emails every hour?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I was just talking to Mike about this earlier.

The per page sending limit is 100 when sending mass emails from the ACP.
    Any other registration, subscription or conversation emails will take you over that limit.

Mike did suggest a script change to the send mail template, but it just inserts a delay per each page, which won't help you.

At this present time there is no way to throttle emails easily.
    ManuTdi likes this.
  3. ManuTdi

ManuTdi Active Member

Because this is very important to solve because many hosting have a limit of email per hour and it is a shame that xenforo has no option to delay emails. With cron or something similar nor?
  4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

100 mails per hour is unreasonable low. Ask your host if they are able to raise the limit.
  5. ManuTdi

ManuTdi Active Member

Yes, but even that increase the amount if comes to have more users will continue with problems when sending emails
  6. ManuTdi

ManuTdi Active Member

@kier in XenForo next update you can put the option to send email/hour?

TheBigK likes this.
  7. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I'd need more control over email too. Amazon SES solves the email sending problem but XF gotta give us options to-

1. Control email sending rate.
    2. Handle bounced mails.
    3. Better user selection criteria for sending mails.
    4. Ability to send account activation emails.

ManuTdi likes this.
  8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

What is your host doing with any of the extra e-mails? Do they queue them or black hole them?
  9. ManuTdi

ManuTdi Active Member

100/hour say say a figure ... if in my forum I have 2000 users and 2000 controller only sends me emails that my hosting limit has, the rest is sent and is a problem. Many hosting has limited el sending emails
  10. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

You could look at using an alternate company to handle the e-mails. I use Mandrill : http://mandrill.com/
  11. ManuTdi

ManuTdi Active Member

thank you! from other tools is that you can do this but it would be interesting to do this in XenForo without using other tools. if not from cron tasks that could be done.