Not a bug 1.5.20a privacy acceptance issue

Affected version
1.5.20a
Our EU users are complaining about having to accept the terms/privacy multiple times. Some of them mentioned having to accept on every page.

Our EU users are complaining about having to accept the terms/privacy multiple times. Some of them mentioned having to accept on every page.
Have you tested this in a completely unedited default style with all add-ons disabled to see if the issue still occurs?

I can really only see this happening if something is either causing the visitor record not to be updated after acceptance, or something is making the previous acceptance date unavailable in the visitor object.

As mentioned, we'd really need to confirm the issue without add-ons enabled, and if the issue persists then we'd need access to your forum and database and an affected user account so we can attempt to establish the cause.

I'm setting up a dev copy of our forum in a password protected directory as we also cannot afford to turn away our other users while we're troubleshooting. Here's a quick video sample one of our users uploaded of his experience.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have just experienced something similar. It's pretty hard to accept the policy and terms. It keeps redirecting after accepting. The issue I found is that ticking the accept box doesn't activate.

I have seen it happen and it has been a style issue each time.

Test the site on a unmoddified default style with all addons disabled.

I think Alfa1 is talking about accepting the privacy policy / terms and rules after an admin has used the "Force agreement..." tools in the Admin CP.

Not the cookie notice.

Thats correct. Its the tickbox that is really hard to check in FireFox 60 on android. You really need to zoom in and then tick it. You cannot just click on the line like with normal tickboxes. You really have to hit the exact space inside the tiny square. And some PE styles do not seem to display the border of the tiny square.

I do know that FireFox has changed some things in FF 60 that makes links in some sliders unclickable. Im not sure if this is related or not.

Top Bottom