1.4 User Upgrades "Agree"

AzzidReign

We deal with quite a bit of user upgrades, and due to our demographics, they like to scam the system and paypal makes that easy for them. What I propose is a page where, when they go to buy a package, it lays out everything in which they are receiving (usergroup upgrade, color name, larger inbox, animated avatars, etc...whatever you do for your user upgrades) as well as your terms of use and that they are agreeing to that.

This should make it easier to fight scammy disputes with paypal (imo).

Upvote 22
i think this should be in core as well:

bzZz5.png

i has this due to an add one.. but would like to see that in core.. so when user decides to upgrade they get the agreement pop up first and they have to scroll to bottom and agree first before they pay...

I think a seperate page for each user upgrade would indeed improve the overall system.
That way, we can be far more descriptive in the descriptions without fear of clogging up the main "upgrades" page.

I had that for a while and still would get scammers who got their money back.
You could have a no charge backs policy. PayPal also have a thing, Im sure they do, when you sell electronic goods you do not need to refund the user if it is stated in a disclaimer or something of the sort.

You could have a no charge backs policy. PayPal also have a thing, Im sure they do, when you sell electronic goods you do not need to refund the user if it is stated in a disclaimer or something of the sort.
I do and have fought many times with paypal. I get at least 10 disputes a month. Scammers...part of the gaming niche.

I think a seperate page for each user upgrade would indeed improve the overall system.
That way, we can be far more descriptive in the descriptions without fear of clogging up the main "upgrades" page.

or have them categorized and have the ability to collapse each category this way it will be slick & stylish rather then many other pages..

and i still believe the Agreement should be put in.. Xenforo has what 3 updates since 1.4 and still no news of them placing in this feature...

I do and have fought many times with paypal. I get at least 10 disputes a month. Scammers...part of the gaming niche.
How do you make out with the chargeback disputes?

I recently retired from an international company who as one segment of the business, sold tangible products online to consumers. We got roughly one or two chargebacks per day. Most were small dollars and were based on they didn't authorize the transaction (stolen credit card). We did not challenge as it would have cost us more money to challenge than merely writing them off. We would blacklist a card number, device fingerprint ID, phone number, billing address and shipping address to prevent further chargebacks from the same persons.

well i know from experience when i had the Agreement on with a plugin from 5 chargbacks a month hit 0

and when i ever got one i gave paypal all necessary details showing them it all and i usually got my money back.

now since we offer a service VIP Subscription those who do charge back need a good reason/valid Proof explaining why and i verify if it s legit. if it some kid saying they never receive their product excuse or try to cheat us. we ban there paypal and forever ban their ip and account.

well i know from experience when i had the Agreement on with a plugin from 5 chargbacks a month hit 0

and when i ever got one i gave paypal all necessary details showing them it all and i usually got my money back.

now since we offer a service VIP Subscription those who do charge back need a good reason/valid Proof explaining why and i verify if it s legit. if it some kid saying they never receive their product excuse or try to cheat us. we ban there paypal and forever ban their ip and account.
Glad you are able to do that.

How do you make out with the chargeback disputes?
We win most of them but there are still some that slip through the cracks so we just ban the user. It's quite sad what some of these kids try to do and dispute like "not as described" when we have a full page of everything that comes with the paid membership. We tend to just link paypal to that page and state that it is an automated service.

We win most of them but there are still some that slip through the cracks so we just ban the user. It's quite sad what some of these kids try to do and dispute like "not as described" when we have a full page of everything that comes with the paid membership. We tend to just link paypal to that page and state that it is an automated service.
Glad to hear you are winning most of the disputes.

These fraudsters need to get caught and sentenced to 30 days in the electric chair. (y)

Top Bottom