Browser issue 1.4 Online indicator disappears on mobile device after zooming

Janmaat

If you zoom in the screen on a mobile device the green triangle online indicator disappears.

Happened for me on an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.2 using Safari.

@Edit Adding some screenshots

Not zoomed in:
image.webp

Zoomed in:
image.webp

Last edited:
Almost certain this is a device issue, but for what it's worth it happens on iOS 8 beta 5 too on my iPhone 5.

Yup, as predicted, the icon disappears as soon as the page re-renders after a zoom on Chrome/iOS 8. I think its just an iOS quirk, honestly.

This doesn't actually appear to happen on the iOS simulator. This does appear to be a bit of a quirk, but I'd like to know more about what is actually happening.

Does it reappear if you zoom out?

This doesn't actually appear to happen on the iOS simulator. This does appear to be a bit of a quirk, but I'd like to know more about what is actually happening.

Does it reappear if you zoom out?
Yup, it does. :) It also only disappears when you let go of the screen and it reflows/rerenders the page.

Yeah, I jumped to my laptop and I can reproduce this bug when I pinch-to-zoom, but not when I use the keyboard shortcuts - so the rendering method is apparently different for some reason!
Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 09.55.06.webp

Last edited:
This is actually caused by the border radius. Take that away (all 3 corners) and the issue goes away. As soon as 1px of radius is applied, the issue comes back.

I'm going to look at reproducing this on the latest Webkit nightly and creating a simpler test case.

Top Bottom