As designed 1.2 setIndexRoute bug

tenants

There seems to be a bug with setIndexRoute that affects how template links appear

If I set the index route for my home page as:

XenForo_Link::setIndexRoute('xz-articles');

The home page gets set correctly (so I can navigate to example.com), but when clicking the link from the nav, I'm redirected to the example.com/xz-articles

However, If I set the route using

XenForo_Link::setIndexRoute('xz-articles/');

Then both the nav link and navgating to the site direct me to example.com (as expected)

However, if the route prefix has an action, then the reverse is true

XenForo_Link::setIndexRoute('xz-articles/category-list'); Works
XenForo_Link::setIndexRoute('xz-articles/category-list/'); Doesn't work

my work around for now is to use:

Code:
        switch ($options->xzSetHomePage)
        {    
            case 'article_list':
                XenForo_Link::setIndexRoute('xz-articles/');
            break;
            case 'category_list':
                XenForo_Link::setIndexRoute('xz-articles/category-list');
            break;
            case 'editors_picks':
                XenForo_Link::setIndexRoute('xz-articles/editors-picks');
            break;                                
            default:
            break;
        }

But you can see that this is a bit strange

Last edited:
The match is an exact match for a URL, so there's nothing that looks particularly unexpected to me there. Your category-list and editors-picks appear to be actions and thus don't have a trailing slash -- you'll see this all over XF as a standard approach (trailing slash only on the prefix and to identify content).

Depending on the route setup, prefix/x/ and prefix/x can mean different things (try it with a forum with a URL portion). As such, I'm not sure if we can just wholesale ignore a trailing slash. I'll have to think about this a bit.

prefix/x/ and prefix/x can mean different things
That's true, hmmm

If it is a bug, it's a low priority/severity, the work around above works fine

I just didn't want to start doing things a certain way, only to find it's fixed later

If you are saying this is intending behaviour, not fixing this (and future not fixing) is preferable than fixing it at a later date so that the indexRoute only works with/without the trailing slash (breaking the above work around.. which is not really a work around)

Yeah, thinking about it more, because of the potential ambiguity, anything that we do to manipulate trailing slashes could introduce issues.

So as designed then. :)

Top Bottom