Lack of interest 1.2 : Batch delete users -> no deletion log ?

• Thread starter Thread starter account8226
  • Start date Start date
This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
A

account8226

Hello,

I have just checked, and the new XF 1.2 features seems to totally delete every user that match the bath update filter.

So, what's happening if we would like to restore users ? There was an addon that allow an admin to restore delete users, but what's happening with that new system ?

And, to make sur, is it available to super admins only ? (I've just checked I think it's super admins only).

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There is no way to restore deleted users - any previous method to do it would've been a hack at best.

The batch updates are available to any admin that can edit users.

There is no way to restore deleted users - any previous method to do it would've been a hack at best.

The batch updates are available to any admin that can edit users.

Could you add a seperate permission for batch deleting users ? I really think that can be a risk, if you trust your admin enough to edit user, but not more.

The add-on for restoring deleted users just searches for threads/posts created by users who have been deleted and creates a new user account with the same user id/username as the previously deleted user. It does not rely on any sort of log, so this add-on will still work whether users are deleted individually or in a batch.

Top Bottom