XF 1.2 1.2.3 - Installation Server Error

Disciple of Nagash

Hi,

When attempting to install a new copy of XF on an empty database I get the following error:

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'xf_moderation_queue' already exists

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 182
  4. XenForo_Install_Model_Install->createApplicationTables() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 206
  5. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/demovamp/public_html/install/index.php at line 18
The only tables present are the ones the installer created itself, so I am not sure why I am getting this error?

Cheers

DoN

Invariably that error can only be thrown if the table does actually exist.

To be sure, I would delete that database and recreate a new one.

Then let us know if the problem persists.

Also: Be sure that you have configured your config.php file during installation to point to the correct server and database. If you've copied files across from another installation on the same server, it may be trying to use that database than the blank one.

Easiest way to be sure is to delete the config.php file and let it be created during install and double check all the MySQL database and credentials are correct.

Thanks for the info @Chris Deeming

I carried out the following steps:

• Deleted config.php
  • Deleted database
  • Created new database
  • Started installation - put in new database details
  • Begin installation - OK
  • Create Tables - returned the following error:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'xf_content_type_field' already exists

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 182
  4. XenForo_Install_Model_Install->createApplicationTables() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 206
  5. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/demovamp/public_html/install/index.php at line 18
The database was definitely new and empty - it can't be accessing any other database because they have different user access, plus do not have any XF tables.

Can you submit a ticket with FTP details (and URL) so I can look into it?

1.2.3 has a new system to help the installation complete on slower servers. I have used it without issue before but I'm wondering if there's an issue with it on your server.

Top Bottom