[1.1.x] Borbole 's PHP/HTML/BB Code Homepage [Paid] [Deleted]

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Borbole 's Homepage - It will add a homepage to your forum

This mod will add a homepage to your forum. The homepage has 2 built in blocks, and you can add unlimited content. The unlimited content can be added as a center block and/or as sidebar blocks.

After installing the mod, go to Home and all the way to the bottom you will see a new link added called: Homepage. There you can configure the homepage to your needs/likings and/or add your own custom content.

At the Settings area you can do the following things:

1) Enable/disable the homepage....

Read more about this resource...

Thanks, I thought that might be the case.

As time goes on, I am more and more considering moving my install to the domain root.
I did it, It was alot easier then I though.
I backed up site. Then just moved all files from adminrage.com/community to root. You get an error then, so go to yoursite.com/admin.php and change the homepage to the root in basic board info. Honestly took me two mins. :p

I know you know all this already though ;)

Thanks, I thought that might be the case.

As time goes on, I am more and more considering moving my install to the domain root.

Imho having the forum in the root is much handier unless you run several forums under the same domain like I do.

I did it, It was alot easier then I though.
I backed up site. Then just moved all files from adminrage.com/community to root. You get an error then, so go to yoursite.com/admin.php and change the homepage to the root in basic board info. Honestly took me two mins. :p

I know you know all this already though ;)

Indeed, that is very easy. Though it might have an impact in seo if changed too often.

I was wondering what the difference is between this and Simple Portal?
This gives a Latest posts in the sidebar. Maybe I'm tired tonight but what else is different? They both look good.

The RM is going to be very important to me especially as i have converted it to handle Articles.
I know RM items will show up on this Homepage via their threads. But I should like a separate box so there is Latest Threads AND Latest Resources (which for me would be Latest Discussions and Latest Articles.
Because an Article will appear less often as a new thing than a thread and I want the front page link to go to the Article not its thread. That the Latest Discussions box would show the same name is fine - more exposure for the Article.

Oh and what does it look like with several centre blocks? Do they appear vertically above each other in a column?

I was thinking that with long blocks like the one you have Borbole, it would be good to have a Read more ... link after perhaps 150 words (admin setting number of words). If block 200 words or less the link does not appear.
Then there could be 3 even 4 blocks on the homepage without making it horribly long to scroll.
The link opens the block as a simple page alone with link top and bottom Back to Homepage.

I was wondering what the difference is between this and Simple Portal?
This gives a Latest posts in the sidebar. Maybe I'm tired tonight but what else is different? They both look good.

The RM is going to be very important to me especially as i have converted it to handle Articles.
I know RM items will show up on this Homepage via their threads. But I should like a separate box so there is Latest Threads AND Latest Resources (which for me would be Latest Discussions and Latest Articles.
Because an Article will appear less often as a new thing than a thread and I want the front page link to go to the Article not its thread. That the Latest Discussions box would show the same name is fine - more exposure for the Article.

My mod is not a portal, it is something different. It will allow you to add unlimited custom content to your homepage which can be displayed in a center and sidebar block layout besides the premade blocks that I have included built in like the recent threads and posts.

About the resources, do you mean to add a latest resource block to the homepage? Regarding the name of the block you can rename it whatever you want them. That is handled via phrases in the recent posts and threads blocks and in the custom ones can be done via the mod settings in the Acp.

Oh and what does it look like with several centre blocks? Do they appear vertically above each other in a column?

I was thinking that with long blocks like the one you have Borbole, it would be good to have a Read more ... link after perhaps 150 words (admin setting number of words). If block 200 words or less the link does not appear.
Then there could be 3 even 4 blocks on the homepage without making it horribly long to scroll.
The link opens the block as a simple page alone with link top and bottom Back to Homepage.

Yes, they appear vertically above each other in a column. I will attach a screenshot with a couple of blocks so it can be seen better. You can also break out the column if you want, so you can make it each center block is wrapped apart/separately.

Can you please post a screenshot of what you mean by the second part?

Attachments

• blocks.webp
    blocks.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 22
Arrgh! What a dilemma.
Do I move my site to the root now and utilise this as the home page?

This is the first add-on for a simple home page which more or less does exactly what I want.
I'm not that bothered about the built in blocks, I would just add my own content.

Decisions, decisions :D

Top Bottom