1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest 1.1 Beta - Super Admin Can Ignore Users

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Anthony Parsons, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I can ignore a user as a super admin, their content disappears, and I can't see a permission to stop this occurring in admin and mod functions.

Not sure I would want my mods able to ignore a user and their content disappear from site, as that defeats the purpose of them being able to perform their role.

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Interesting..

But what if another mod/admin could manage a problem_person, but you could not? Might be handy..

3. Anthony Parsons

I think there should be a permission / option, for an admin to disable this from admins and mods... because I want staff viewing all content, not able to not see it from users they have ignored.

Right now, it defeats the purpose of moderators and admins completely.

Members, sure... mods and admin, no.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't consider giving the ability for admins/mods to ignore someone a bug - they have the ability to see the content when it's hidden. I agree that they probably shouldn't, but that might be more of a policy thing.

I'll move this to suggestions.

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  5. Anthony Parsons

I do question this part... I posted a new thread as a registered user on my dev setup, marked the user ignored as an admin, then the thread created by registered user account completely disappeared from my viewing it.

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There is a "show ignored content" link on pages with hidden content. It is fairly inconspicuous though (as is intentional).

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  7. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

I like having the ability to ignore people. If something is a real issue, someone will report it or one of the moderators will catch it.

If anything make this an option or leave it as-is. I don't want to have to use separate accounts to ignore people. :D

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just bringing this back up, because I went looking for this today. I think there should be a permission for this to be easily enforceable as a "policy" thing.