Fixed 1.1 beta 1 Fatal Error when logging in as admin after upgrading

Marcus

A regular user can login. The admin gets this message right after he enters the login data and clicks on "login":

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 76 bytes) in /.../library/XenForo/Permission.php on line 80

This message is only displayed when on debug modus. If I disable the debug modus, I get an empty page.
This error occurs when the admin is redirected to index.php
The admin can login to the ACP.

Your permissions are big :o. How many forums and groups do you have?

Make sure you are not running in debug mode. Debug mode increases memory usage. If you have enabled debug in the library/config.php file then you need to remove this code from that file to disable debug mode:

Code:
$config['debug'] = 1;

You can also try increasing the memory_limit. See this post.

You might also have to edit the library/XenForo/Application.php file (regarding this thread):

Code:
		@ini_set('memory_limit', 128 * 1024 * 1024);

This message is only displayed when on debug modus. If I disable the debug modus, I get an empty page.

Oh OK.

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

Code:
php_value display_errors 1

That may reveal an error message on the blank page.

I have put your ini_set to config.php, this is the message for an admin with debug modus disabled now:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8208 bytes) in /.../public_html/y/library/XenForo/Permission.php on line 80

It really shouldn't be using that much memory there - makes me really curious what is going on. (Most pages will just use a few MB.)

Unfortunately, PHPs memory errors are nightmarish to debug as they really don't give a good idea of what's happening (no way to catch, so no stack trace).

Is this a local install, or is it something I could access? With FTP and admin CP details, I should be able to track down where is using so much memory.

This happened to be caused by 10,000+ items awaiting moderation. I made some changes to save the memory there, though I'll still probably need to paginate the moderated items page as well.

Top Bottom