1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed 1.1 beta 1 Fatal Error when logging in as admin after upgrading

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Marcus, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

A regular user can login. The admin gets this message right after he enters the login data and clicks on "login":

This message is only displayed when on debug modus. If I disable the debug modus, I get an empty page.
    This error occurs when the admin is redirected to index.php
    The admin can login to the ACP.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your permissions are big :eek:. How many forums and groups do you have?

Make sure you are not running in debug mode. Debug mode increases memory usage. If you have enabled debug in the library/config.php file then you need to remove this code from that file to disable debug mode:

$config['debug'] = 1;
    You can also try increasing the memory_limit. See this post.

You might also have to edit the library/XenForo/Application.php file (regarding this thread):

@ini_set('memory_limit', 128 * 1024 * 1024);
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Oh OK.

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file:

ini_set('display_errors', true);
    Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

php_value display_errors 1
    That may reveal an error message on the blank page.
  4. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I have put your ini_set to config.php, this is the message for an admin with debug modus disabled now:

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It really shouldn't be using that much memory there - makes me really curious what is going on. (Most pages will just use a few MB.)

Unfortunately, PHPs memory errors are nightmarish to debug as they really don't give a good idea of what's happening (no way to catch, so no stack trace).

Is this a local install, or is it something I could access? With FTP and admin CP details, I should be able to track down where is using so much memory.
  6. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I have opened up a ticket with the login data, thanks very much.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This happened to be caused by 10,000+ items awaiting moderation. I made some changes to save the memory there, though I'll still probably need to paginate the moderated items page as well.
    Brogan, Marcus and Veer like this.