1. 2.2
License
Use limited to one site per license
Updates duration
12 Months
Visible branding
No
This addon brings some additional essential features to tags:
  • Automatically suggests tags from thread titles (words in the title which match existing tags)
  • Automatically add tags using ChatGPT analysis of the forum title + thread title + first post text
  • Watch tags - get alerts when a tag is used
  • Synonyms: so you can replace variants - synonyms - of a tag with your chosen 'canonical' version
  • Wikipedia: automatically attempt to get the Wiki for a tag when it is created. You can edit this to write your own definition.
  • Blacklist tags (with regex definitions) so they are never created. Useful for filtering out common or useless words.
  • Set default tags for forums
  • Batch update threads to add the ability to
    • find threads with specific tags
    • add tags to, and remove tags from, the resulting threads
    • automatically add tags to threads based in the thread title
  • and more

Admin Tag Management Page
  • Blacklist tag button for each tag
  • Edit Wiki button for each tag to open the wiki edit page
  • Blacklist/delete tag buttons now update with Ajax so the page is not refreshed each time a tag is deleted or blacklisted. Very useful when managing tags on a specific page of the list. Deleting a tag used to refresh the page, reloading the list at the start. Now there is no page refresh saving a ton of time.
  • Inline selection of tags to delete or blacklist. 'Select all' helps speed up the process.
Blacklisted Tags Management
blacklisted-taqs.webp

• Dedicated page for managing blacklisted tags
  • New for XF2: pagination and create regex rules for blacklisting
  • New for 2.5.1.2: Bulk import of blacklisted tags
Changes to the Edit Tag page
  • Assign tag category
  • Select forums where this tag can be added
  • Enter synonyms for the tag
Tag Synonyms
  • This will auto change the synonym tags to the canonical tag when one (or more) is used.
Tag Wiki
  • On the front end (utilising front end permissions), so that non-admins can edit the content, have a way to edit (supporting bbcode in the description) the tagline and description of the tag. Also change the front end so aside from showing the list of content that is using that tag, you see the tagline and description of the tag in addition to the list of content using the tag.
    • Uses Wikipedia API. Admin option to set any Wikimedia API.
    • Permission to manage tag wiki
    • With permission, when viewing the tag page (thread tags | XenForo Community), there’ll be an “Edit” link to manage the tag description and tagline.
    • Provides a tabbed interface to switch between the tag's recent content and the tag wiki description.
    • When saving a new tag or an existing tag with empty Wiki information, get the Wiki information from Wikipedia.
    • Follow Wikipedia redirects (fixes cases where Wikipedia entries fail to load).
    • If the wiki search returns a disambiguation page, there is an option to not use that.
    • If the wiki search does not return an exact match, there is an option to try a fuzzy match.
    • For when Wikipedia fails to return information for a tag, set the Wiki entry to the contents of the phrase "tagess_no_wikipedia_entry_exists" (default "No Wikipedia entry exists for this tag"). Note: if you do not want to display any text, set the phrase to a single space character to avoid attempting to repopulate it from Wikipedia each time it is saved.
    • * New in 2.4.0 : If the call to Wikipedia does not return a result, Tag Essentials will get information for the tag from ChatGPT if the option to do so is enabled.
    • Batch update process to populate tags with wiki information if they are blank or contain the phrase above. Note: This may take some time if you have a lot of tags to fetch as we limit the frequency of Wikipedia API calls.
Admin Batch Update Threads
  • When batch updating threads, you can now add or remove tags in addition to all the existing options. When adding a tag, the user that started the thread is credited.
Tag Suggestions
  • When creating a thread, after typing the thread title (when the title loses 'focus'), an ajax request will check to see if any tags are included in the title, if they are then they automatically get added to the tags list (they can be removed and more can also be added).
  • Suggested tags can be single and multiple words. E.g. If these tags exist: "I love John", "John Paul George Ringo", "Paul George Ringo", "Ringo" and a new thread title is "I love John Paul George Ringo a lot" then all the tags will be suggested.
  • Admin option to set the maximum number of words in a tag which will be auto suggested (default 3). This is to avoid too much processing when searching for tags within a title. If set to 3 words, the above example would not suggest the "John Paul George Ringo" tag as it contains 4 words.
  • To combat slowness when the server is finding tags to suggest, there is an admin defined list of stop-words to prevent suggesting tags with common words. Use of the stop words list can be disabled, enabled to ignore tags only where the first word of the tag is in the list or enabled to ignore tags which contain any of the stop words.
  • A default list is included. E.g. "A" and "I". If enabled, this would prevent the "I love John" tag from being suggested in the above example.
Forum-specific Tag Cloud Widget
forum-specific-tag-cloud.jpg

• Create a forum-view Tag Cloud Widget showing popular tags from threads in the current forum and its subforums.
AI Auto Tagging (New in 2.4.0)
  • The ability to get tags automatically added from ChatGPT when a thread is created based on the forum title, thread title and first post text. An Open API Key needs to be supplied from ChatGPT and if then enabled, and there are fewer than 3 (default, admin editable) tags already in the tag box, ChatGPT will attempt to top that number of tags up to 5 (default, admin editable) when the thread is created.
  • AI Auto tagging is enabled in all forums by default, but can be deactivated in specific forums by unticking the Allow ChatGPT tag suggestions in this forum tickbox
  • Note that there is a cost associated with using ChatGPT in Tag Essentials, though it is currently working out to be less than $2 per month for AVForums.com (a busy forum) and MGEVs.com (not a particularly busy forum) combined.
ChatGPT-options.jpg

Resource Auto Tagging (New in 2.5.0)
  • Resources can be auto tagged using titles and/or AI in the same way as threads.
  • Batch update resource tags allows filterable selection of resources to be auto tagged.
batch-update-resource-tags-menu.jpg
batch-update-resources-filter.jpg

batch-update-resources.jpg

Filter threads by tags
tag-filters.jpg

• A new facility in the forum view to filter threads by the tags used
Forum Tags
  • In forum admin, set a minimum number of tags to be required in new threads in a particular forum.
  • In forum admin, set default tags to be auto-suggested when a new thread is created in a particular forum.
Prefix Tags
  • In thread prefix admin, set default tags to be auto-suggested when a new thread is created with a particular prefix.
Watch Tags
  • With permission (Tagess - Can Watch Tag), users are able to watch tags and receive an alert/email when new content is added with that tag.
Tag Preview
  • When hovering a tag, you will get a preview popover that displays a snippet of the tag description (from the wiki info), with links to the "recent content", "top users", and "view information" pages.
Admin Options
  • Plenty of them
  • Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Empty Wiki Tags
  • Rebuild Caches -> Prune low usage tags
  • Rebuild Caches - > Remove orphaned tags (only usually needed to remove blacklisted tags after upgrading to 2.5.1.2)
Live Examples From http://www.avforums.com
Terms And Conditions
  • Each license is valid for use on one site.
  • 12 months support renewals are in place; when your support runs up you can continue to use the add on but will not be able to receive updates until you renew it.
Please note that I do not have the time to give personal support for installations. This addon is working perfectly on my forum AVForums, so I will be updating it with maintenance releases and new features as and when they are needed, which current license holders will be able to download.

Also I am vetting who I sell licenses to, so if you wish to purchase a license, please click the purchase link and then send me a message on the m2n.co.uk forum as per the instructions in the product description. Thank you :)
Author
Stuart Wright
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from Stuart Wright

Latest updates

1. Added OG metas

Added OG metas on tag pages.
  2. Minor update to the presentation of the Wiki information

Have limited the height of the Wikipedia information as it can be very long.
  3. New feature to exclude forums from tag pages

A tag page shows threads containing a particular tag. When editing a forum, there is a new tick...

Latest reviews

This exceptional add-on revolutionizes tag management on xenforo forums with automated tagging, ChatGPT analysis, and advanced features.

Highly recommended for a streamlined forum experience.
Excellent add-on! I like to use tags, and this add-on really makes it easier to use them. Auto-fill tags from title and Wikipedia description is great. You can also fetch Wiki description form other Wiki languages.

Highly recommended add-on.
Adds some much needed usefulness to XF's tag feature. Would highly recommend for anyone who uses tags
Wow, just realized this addon doesn't yet have any reviews (partly my own fault!), which is crazy, because it's so excellent at what it does. No need for me to specify it all, since it's all there in the description, but suffice to say it takes the XF base tag experience to the next level, making tags much more useful in general. I've been using this addon for a couple years now and have had zero problems with it - it just works.
Top Bottom