Description:

Removes Gender code in the following templates:
  • account_personal_details
  • helper_user_search_criteria
  • member_view
  • register_form
  • user_edit
Installation:
  1. Download addon-RemoveGender_v1.3.zip and unzip it.
  2. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  3. Upload the addon-RemoveGender_v1.3.xml file.
  4. Click the Install Add-on button.
Queries:

These two queries should be run using phpMyAdmin so you can remove the gender information in the xf_user table:
Code:
UPDATE xf_user SET gender = REPLACE(gender, 'male', '')

UPDATE xf_user SET gender = REPLACE(gender, 'female', '')

Questions and Answers:

Q: Can I remove the gender question only in the registration page?
A: No. This add-on will remove the all gender related questions.

Q: Will this work with Facebook, Google or Twitter login?
A: No.​

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
Author
AndyB
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description.

Remove Gender v1.3 changes: Updated to work with XenForo v1.4x.
  2. Added Template Modification to remove gender information in ACP user_edit template.

Added Template Modification to remove gender information in ACP user_edit template.
  3. Added Template Modification to remove gender information in Advanced Search in ACP.

Added Template Modification to remove gender information in Advanced Search in ACP.

Latest reviews

Simple, clean, perfect. Just what I was looking for (and also the remove date of birth tool) since my site is privacy oriented and it's no one's business who our visitors are. :)
I'm sending a donation to provide additional encouragement for the future! Thanks!! /Steve Gibson.
One less registration and profile option for users to shy away from. Thanks AndyB. Always has the best add-ons. Please donate because his add-ons are all free and excellent.
This addon is absolutely essential to communities that recognize non-binary genders. I have been using this addon ever sine I switched over to Xenforo and am greatful for its existence. Thank you for the prompt update to 1.4!
THANK YOU !
Remove Gender now removes as many instances of the default option as I can find in code (literally). Thank you, AndyB!
As an administrator of a community that recognizes that there are genders outside the regular gender binary, I appreciate this modification. I will be using it and using a custom field as a gender.
Top Bottom