- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
- Visible branding
- Adds a new permission "Reply to conversations" to the Personal Conversation usergroup permissions.
- If this permission is not "Allowed" members of the usergroup will not be able to reply to any Personal Conversations.
With the existing XenForo 1.2.x and 1.3.x permissions it is not possible to prevent a user from replying to conversations.
A user who has "Not Set (No)" or "Never" set for all the Conversation permissions can still reply to any existing conversations.
You may want to prevent a user using the Personal Conversation system. There are many reasons why - punishment, membership encouragement, legal reasons etc. This add-on allows you to withdraw the ability to use Conversations.
Users will still have read access to any existing Conversations.
1. Upload files/directories under `upload` to your XenForo's root
2. Import add-on xml
3. Set/check the new permission for your usergroups.
On first install, this add-on sets the new permission to the same setting as the "Start Personal Conversations".
This is done so that existing usergroups don't unexpectedly lose the ability to reply to conversations.
Uninstalling removes all traces of the new permissions from the database.