How to duplicate a live site to use as a test site

How to duplicate a live site to use as a test site

Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.0
  2. 2.1
  3. 2.2
These instructions explain how to create a test installation which is an exact duplicate of your live installation.

On Your Server
  • Create a new test database with a different database name, user name and password to your live installation
  • Export your current live database and import it into your new test database
  • Create...
You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource. Log in or register now.
Related resources

Latest updates

1. Useful config.php switches

Here are some useful src/config.php switches for a test site. Refer to the manual for more...

Latest reviews

I've spent months cracking my head over figuring out how to duplicate my live forum to local so that I can practice upgrading and experimenting with add-on creation. This is solid information that should be stickied for reference and headache avoidance haha!
Thanks ! Excellent guide
Now i Think it's time for me to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2

Let's gooooooooooo
Excellent guide! As I prepare for upgrading my XF to 1.5 this really help me setup a duplicate easily! Thank you :)
Very clear, worked perfectly, thanks. I hate this 100 character limit as I now have to keep typing...
Help ful
Helps a lot. Nice guide.
Great work @Brogan
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Save a lot of time and nerves :)
Thanks for this guide it's easy to follow and very timely for me as I was in the process of trying to set up my own test site - I had no clue :)
I am needing to do this soon for my site once it goes live. Will be awesome to have a test environment! Thank you Brogan!
Top Bottom