- Compatible XF 1.x versions
Converts hot linked images in Resource Manager into attachments.
- Linked images are immediately converted after resource is saved.
- Images resizing is done with ImageMagick for best quality.
- Images resized to maximum width and height settings.
- Requires ImageMagick to be enabled on your server.
- Requires the ability to execute the PHP exec() command.
This add-on requires a restricted Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions setting. You cannot use 0 or blank as an option. I use the 1600 x 1600 on my forum.
Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments
Convert Image Options:
- Download convertimageresource_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-ConvertImageResource_v1.0.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
A: There are varying reasons why a hot linked image cannot be converted, in the rare occasion this happens upload the image as an attachment manually.
Q: Why isn't GD supported?
A: GD does a terrible job of creating large images.
Q: Can files in the /tmp/ directory be deleted?
Q: Are attachments reused, meaning if the same attachment is located in several posts does each one use up disk space?
A: Each attachment is saved separately, however this is not a problem these days as disk space is so inexpensive.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.