Convert image all

Convert image all 5.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.0
  2. 2.1
  3. 2.2
Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Converts all hot linked images to attachments.

The Convert image all add-on will convert hot linked images in messages to attachments. Hot linked images are those images that have been inserted using the Image icon in the editor toolbar.

This add-on is run manually and is used to process all hot linked images in all posts.

(Example of hot linked image)

(Example of attachment)

(Example of Maximum attachment image dimensions selection)

pic003.jpg

(Example of Options page)

pic004.jpg

(Example of Convert image all page)

pic005.jpg

(Example of Convert image all confirm page)

pic006.jpg

Features:
  • Images greater than maximum width and height settings in Admin Control Panel will be resized.
  • Links surrounding attachments automatically removed.
Maximum attachment image dimensions selection:

Although the screenshot above says you can use 0 or blank, this add-on requires you to use a positive value for the Maximum attachment image dimensions settings. I suggest using 2500 x 2500.

Admin control panel -> Setup -> Options -> Attachments -> Maximum attachment image dimensions

How to use:
  1. In your browser add 'convertimageall' to your forum URL.
  2. Click the 'Prepare rebuild table' link.
  3. Follow instructions on Convert image all confirm page.
Question and Answers:

Q: I have an older forum with 2 million posts. How long will it take to convert all IMG tags to attachments?
A: About an hour.

Q: Some hot linked image are not converted, why is this?
A: If a hot linked image is either too small or too large, or the dimensions are not able to be read, those images are not converted and will require manual conversion.

Q: Are attachments reused, meaning if the same attachment is located in several posts does each one use up disk space?
A: Each attachment is saved separately, however this is not a problem these days as disk space is so inexpensive.

Q: Does this add-on convert hot linked images in other areas besides posts?
A: No.

Q: Should I run this add-on once every few months to catch any new hot linked images not converted?
A: Yes.

Q: Does Convert image add-on support $config['http']['proxy'] to hide my IP address?
A: Yes.
Author
AndyB
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

Convert image all v5.3 changes: Attachment tables xf_attachment and xf_attachment_data are now...
  2. See description

Convert image all v5.2 changes: Fixed issue when multiple IMG tags were on the same line.
  3. See description

Convert image all v5.1 changes: Now supports $config['http']['proxy'] function.

Latest reviews

As a photo intensive forum due to the nature of the topic we cover this addon is great, it has saved us a few times when photosharing sides have good offline and all our images are stored locally, recommended if you have long standing historical threads that you do not want to loose.
Really good addon :)
I slightly modified the code to take into account dead images, and I modified the update template to add an auto refresh (with more than 16 000 posts, it was impossible to do it manually). Works like a charm !
I'm surprised this hasn't been downloaded more. There is nothing worse than someone hotlinking to a site that isn't using HTTPS which leaves my showing as insecure etc,
Top Bottom