Change author 3.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.0
  2. 2.1
  3. 2.2
  4. 2.3
Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Allows changing the author of a post.

(Example of Change author link)

(Example of Change author overlay)

(Example of User group permissions)

Features:
  • All phrases start with changeauthor_ for your convenience.
User group permissions:

In order to see the Change author link below the post, you will need to set the User group permissions for the Administrative group to Yes.

How to use:
  1. Click the Change author link under any post.
  2. Select a username.
  3. Save post.
Questions and Answers:

Q: Does this also work for Resource Manager and or Media Gallery?
A: No.
Author
AndyB
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

Change author v3.4 changes: Fixed issue with Latest post not being updated if changing author...
  2. See description

Change author v3.3 changes: Fixed issue with updating attachment data.
  3. See description

Change author v3.2 changes: Fixed issue with last post information shown in forum view.

Latest reviews

Simple and effective.
On our nearly twenty year old board that we are migrating to XF2 I found just a few old posts that either didn't import correctly or did but were screwed up in VB. This made it possible to fix them when found.
Who could ask for more :P
A great addon to have in your arsenal.
It would be nice to see an addon that changes owner of Photos as well.
Such a useful add-on if you're an admin and want to post from your private account instead. Much easier than having to log out and log back into other account. Thank you for this Andy!
Such a simple add-on, yet so necessary for a site like mine, in which most first-posts have to be "posted" by the same user. A shame we can't choose a various threads to change the post author in all of them at the same time, but still, a must for me and I guess for many others.
This add on has made it possible for us to make RSS feed posts into more personalized posts that members want to read while saving us time in searching for interesting content to share on the forum.
Top Bottom