Change author

Change author [Paid] 3.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Change author - Allows changing the author of a post.

Premium upgrade:

For $25.00 USD this add-on along with the entire collection may be downloaded for up to one year. Please see the colletion in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Allows changing the author of a post.

(Example of Change author link)

View attachment 157007

(Example of Change author overlay)

View attachment 157008

(Example of User group permissions)

View attachment 157009

Features:...

Read more about this resource...

I'm seeing some unexpected behavior with this Add-on.

If I change a date on a post to make it the thread starter, it doesn't actually become the thread starter. If you delete the original thread starter post, it still deletes the thread, and if you edit the original post it still prompts you for the title.

This is different from default XF behavior where if you move an earlier post into a thread, it actually becomes the thread starter and deleting the original thread starter does not delete the thread.

I would expect changing the date of an existing post within a thread to behave the same as changing the date on the post in a different thread then moving it to the thread (e.g. the thread that appears first should always be the actual thread starter).

That is certainly unexpected, you would think it would turn it into the thread starter.

That is certainly unexpected, you would think it would turn it into the thread starter.
Sorry, I posted to the wrong resource by mistake. This was regarding Change Date not Change Author, which Andy figured out and updated that resource 👍.

Hi Andy.

Thanks for your dedication and effort to the XF community.

We had the XF1 version installed.

I upgraded from XF1 to XF2.

I can't recall whether I removed the add on when on XF1, or after upgrading to XF2.

On upload of files to FTP, within forum/admin.php the option is to 'Upgrade' rather than 'Install'

On attempt, the forum becomes unusable and it gets stuck on Rebuilding Permissions.

[Edit] The Add On has installed/working, but within Plug In's it's listed within "Upgradeable add-ons" with a prompt to Upgrade rather than "Installed" - Any ideas?

Nevermind - i suspect it's a server/host issue. Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom