Browser support for SVG is required.
License
http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
Visible branding
Yes, but removable with payment
Please rate and review or make a Donation

Now Supports Pages and Sidebar

Information

This add-on adds a set of simple responsive social sharing buttons to threads, pages and sidebar on your forums with features and styling that can be set via the ACP settings. It does not call any extremal scripts and will greatly improve page loading over the default sharing buttons.

Features:
  • Enable Buttons at Top of Threads
  • Enable Buttons at Bottom of Threads (will replace default sharing buttons)
  • Position Choice for Bottom Buttons in Threads
  • Enable 'Call to Action" text for buttons in Threads
  • Enable Buttons at Top of Pages
  • Enable Buttons at Bottom of Pages (will replace default sharing buttons)
  • Enable 'Call to Action" text for buttons in Pages
  • Exclude Nodes (Forums and Pages) From Showing Share Buttons
  • Enable Buttons in Sidebar (beta)
  • Enable / Disable Individual Buttons
  • Inline SVG icons for better rendering and performance
  • Style Proprieties for Basic Styling
  • Template Caching to Reduce Server Load
  • Add custom @Username to Twitter Shares
  • Set a Maximum & Minimum CSS Display Width
  • Additional Settings for Responsive Max & Min CSS Display Width
  • Editable Phrases for Share Button Text
  • Editable Phrase for Email Subject
Share Buttons Supported:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Google+
  • Pocket
  • Buffer
  • Tumblr
  • reddit
  • Pinterest (will load Pinterest js on click)
  • Delicious
  • Stumbleupon
  • Hacker News
  • VK
  • Email
Browser support for SVG is required.

How does it look?

Top of threads:
rrssb_Top.webp

Bottom of Threads - Above Quick Reply Box:
bottom_above_qr.webp

Bottom of Threads - Below Quick Reply Box:
rrssb_Bottom.webp

Sidebar:
Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 16.01.32.webp

Responsive design:
rrssb-preview.gif

Pinterest Sharing:
Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 09.01.58.webp

Demo

I have the buttons enabled at the bottom and 6 sharing buttons enabled, I also use a max-width of 45% and min-width of 540px with responsive wide max and min set to 100%:
http://www.certforums.com/threads/vcp-510-or-vcp-550.50054/

cf_example.webp

Branding Removal

Branding removal is available for $20 via PayPal HERE and is for ONE forum only.

Once you have completed the branding removal purchase please start a conversation with me for the removal instructions and please include your Full Name, Forum URL and PayPal payment Confirmation Number (check your Paypal receipt email for this number)

Donations

If you would like to make a donation of any size towards the creation and maintenance of this addon please do so via PayPal using the below button. Thank you :)

There is also a live demo here:
http://kurtnoble.com/labs/rrssb/

Installation
  1. Upload all the files to your root forum directory from the 'upload' folder.
  2. Import xml file from the 'xml' folder.
  3. Configuration options can be set via the admin panel : Options > Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

Originally posted here by @Varma I converted it into an easier to install and setup add-on. The JavaScript used by this add-on is called Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons and was made available from http://kurtnoble.com/labs/rrssb/ under MIT license.
Related resources
4225.jpg

Responsive Social Sharing Buttons (Lite)
A non branded lite version of this addon is available HERE
  • StyleProp2.webp
    StyleProp2.webp
    64.4 KB · Views: 961
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 13.35.47.webp
    Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 13.35.47.webp
    49 KB · Views: 773
  • screencapture-www-certforums-com-admin-php-1430116826632.webp
    screencapture-www-certforums-com-admin-php-1430116826632.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 774
Author
SimonV
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.50 star(s) 20 ratings

More resources from SimonV

Latest updates

1. Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.7

v1.5.7 update contains the following: Fixed Pinterest include for SSL mixed content Changed...
  2. Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.6

v1.5.6 update contains the following: Added dynamic loading of Pinterest pinmarklet.js for...
  3. Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.5

v1.5.5 update contains the following: Improvements to how share urls are retrieved and...

Latest reviews

Works well. Highlights the possibility of social sharing to members much better than the XenForo defaults.
No support after one week is totally unacceptable and just shows disdain for the users of this extension, at least in my case.
Excellent! Very useful for me! Thank you so much for your efforts! And please, PLEASE add support RESOURCE MANAGER & XENFORO MEDIA GALLERY! And make copyright little smaller. =)
A must have if you care about social media presence and website performance. Easy to use and customize, author is helpful and keeps improving it. Thanks!
Great add-on. Simple, intuitive and fills a function gap on xF. My preference wasn't to have it responsive but to make the buttons small on both mobile & desktop. Doing that took minimal effort.
SimonV
SimonV
Thanks for the review, I'm glad you like it and appreciate it. :)

If you have any suggestions for improvements please do let me now.
This is a good addon but the branding afterwards wasn't mentioned. The response of the author was also not one that i like very much. The only thing you can do now is pay 20$, use the branded version or the old one with bugs. Anyway, good luck with it.
This is a ---> [BETA] <--- version, still need to improve some things and fix bugs. Is not working properly yet. Now the addon have a big copyright. uninstalled and deleted. Thank you. good luck!
SimonV
SimonV
Its Beta with the inclusion of sidebar support. What "things" and bugs need fixing? There was no mention from you of those anywhere?

There is nothing stopping you using the previous version without the branding if your not willing to support the amount of time put into creating and supporting this addon.
Great addon - I like this one more then the default XenForo share. Easy to download, install and set up. Great looking share buttons. Thanks for creating this one.
Amazing, simple, intuitive... broader scope for users to share, better return for the community as a result, faster page loading getting rid of default social button calls... well done.
This is one of the best add-one. Much better the default sharing buttons. I love it and my forums members do too. Great work indeed and please consider adding share count in your next update if any.
Top Bottom