XenSSO - XenForo Single Sign On [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, $30 ventured....and we'll see what's gained......

I know I can get some users over because I am having a giveaway of flying objects (drones) next month for the grand opening....
This will help those who want to go over.....

Their account physically exists on both master and slave, so they can reset their password (or change it) individually on each site, it makes no difference to the SSO functionality (signing in on one site will also authenticate them on the other, regardless of whether the passwords differ - provided that the accounts are linked).

If the password is changed on one place. Seems like the user will be able to login with their previous and current passwords on the other place.

I've tested this with slave and master. If you change your password on the master installation, you can then login on the slave installation with the new password as well as the old password. Since I believe xenSSO first checks the slave database for the user record, if the old password is entered, it should authenticate it with no problems (which is kind of a problem). However, if the new password is entered, I assume it checks the master database to see if it's correct, if it is shouldn't it update the old password in the slave database to reflect the change in the master database?

I've tried to login with the new password on the slave installation and it lets me. But then it should update my password on the slave installation so I can't login with the old password, but I still can even after I login with my new password.

OK, $30 ventured....and we'll see what's gained......

I know I can get some users over because I am having a giveaway of flying objects (drones) next month for the grand opening....
This will help those who want to go over.....

Best of luck, thanks for the purchase :)

If the password is changed on one place. Seems like the user will be able to login with their previous and current passwords on the other place.

I've tested this with slave and master. If you change your password on the master installation, you can then login on the slave installation with the new password as well as the old password. Since I believe xenSSO first checks the slave database for the user record, if the old password is entered, it should authenticate it with no problems (which is kind of a problem). However, if the new password is entered, I assume it checks the master database to see if it's correct, if it is shouldn't it update the old password in the slave database to reflect the change in the master database?

I've tried to login with the new password on the slave installation and it lets me. But then it should update my password on the slave installation so I can't login with the old password, but I still can even after I login with my new password.

Yes basically you can always login with your slave and master password on a slave (but not the other way around) as the slave forwards the login attempt to the master if it fails.

I've purchased.

If you use the syscronise users option manually every now and again, will that help to keep usernames and passwords and emails in sync.

I've purchased.

If you use the syscronise users option manually every now and again, will that help to keep usernames and passwords and emails in sync.

The sync tool is mostly just for the initial sync, after that all accounts are kept in sync automatically.

I've found this can be useful to do from time to time - in particular it tends to catch those user accounts where people have changed their email address at one site, but forgotten to do it at the other site/s.

I tend to run the sync tool at the slave site - get the list of usernames it cannot sync - open the ACP for the master and slave - and then manually copy and paste the email address from one to the other so they both match (you may need to check with the user which one they're currently using as their primary email address). Next time you run the sync tool that username should be gone from the list.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Getting this error

Code:
Single Sign On could not complete as your profile could not be validated, possibly your username is already taken, a duplicate was found or you do not meet the age requirements.

Getting the same error too - I've started a thread on your support forum Naatan. (y)

For some reason I can't delete the xenSSO folder in the library. Everytime I delete it, it just re-appears. I even tried to overwrite it and it gave me permission errors. So I changed the permissions of the folder and it's sub folders to 777 and that didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated.

Errors in cPanel when I try to overwrite...

Code:
[COLOR=#333333][SIZE=13px]error:  cannot delete old library/XenSSO/.DS_Store
        Permission denied
error:  cannot delete old library/XenSSO/Shared/Helpers.php
        Permission denied
error:  cannot delete old library/XenSSO/Shared/Model/Auth.php
        Permission denied
error:  cannot delete old library/XenSSO/Shared/Secure.php
        Permission denied
error:  cannot delete old library/XenSSO/Shared/User.php
        Permission denied
checkdir error:  cannot create library/XenSSO/Slave
                 Permission denied
                 unable to process library/XenSSO/Slave/.
                 Permission denied
                 unable to process library/XenSSO/Slave/.DS_Store.
                 Permission denied
                 unable to process library/XenSSO/Slave/.xfcli-config.
                 Permission denied
                 unable to process library/XenSSO/Slave/Controller/.
                 Permission denied
                 unable to process library/XenSSO/Slave/Controller/Consumer.php.
                 Permission denied
                 unable to process library/XenSSO/Slave/Controller/Extend/.
                 Permission denied
                 unable to process library/XenSSO/Slave/Controller/Extend/AccountConfirmation.php.
checkdir error:  cannot create library/XenSSO/Slave[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][SIZE=13px]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hello,
Can this addon works in conjuction with xenscripts? I need to have SSO for two difference languages sites with xenforo forums and some wordpress blogs.

Hello,
Can this addon works in conjuction with xenscripts? I need to have SSO for two difference languages sites with xenforo forums and some wordpress blogs.

I have personally not tried it, maybe someone here can shed some light. In theory it should work as SSO only kicks in when login fails.

I just installed and it's not working well.....

Questions.....

Master is 1.1.2, slave 1.1.3 - any concerns?
Sync did not seem to complete. How long should it take with only 30 on the slaves?

I succeeded with one logon, but it gave me a different name than I had on the master!

some attempts result in a white screen.....with a funny URL in it - all the not found and openid stuff in it.

Should I simple be able to create a new account in the master - and then test logging in from the slave?

I have no idea how this sale was not a big success. This is my one of my favourite addons for Xenforo and I will be using it soon as I am about to add another site to my network. Keep up the great work dude!

I might buy this. Some questions first. I made a site for my cousin, which may be sold in the future. I want members of my own site to be able to log into her site as well and comment on the events she and other businesses post. When and if she sells her site, would I be able to unlink my site from her site with no issues?

I might buy this. Some questions first. I made a site for my cousin, which may be sold in the future. I want members of my own site to be able to log into her site as well and comment on the events she and other businesses post. When and if she sells her site, would I be able to unlink my site from her site with no issues?

Yes, just uninstall the addon on her site. There will be no member loss or anything like that.

Yes, just uninstall the addon on her site. There will be no member loss or anything like that.
So XenSSO creates the account for them when my members login to her right? They won't have to go through any kind of sign up process right? And this last as long as the plugins are installed on both sites? So when it's done, i simply just uninstall plugins from both sites?

Say for instance I still want to be able to login to the other site, can I login to the other site separately now? It uses the same login because it copied my info over?

I can't get this working - spent an hour or so de-installing, trying to turn off my add-ons, etc.

But I can't give it a low rating.....after seeing what happens to others who rate their honest experiences......

Shame...I really need it, and there is nothing crazy about my forums or networks which should make this not work. It doesn't appear to have error trapping or logging built in because I get a white screen of death with long URLs.

I really would have enjoyed allowing my 25K members the opportunity to sign up at the new site. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom