XenSSO - XenForo Single Sign On [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you said that its based on email address, but what happens if the user changes the email address on one of forums?

Also how does this work with the facebook login?

Now that xenforo is past its legal problems are you going to be working on this again.
My facebook users appear to be able to use the forums.

As far as I understand it if a user changes their email on one site, then it stays only with that site (unless you sync all the sites)

I know you said that its based on email address, but what happens if the user changes the email address on one of forums?

Also how does this work with the facebook login?

Now that xenforo is past its legal problems are you going to be working on this again.

IIRC if the user has already used SSO the connection should remain, if not then he will have to ensure he changes his email on both forums.

XF is past its legal problems but I still don't have a lot of time, additionally I feel the devs have done a horrible job supporting their community and addon devs during the legal issues and have not made any sort of note or apology of that fact since they have gotten back, which greatly discourages me from contributing.

So we'll see how things work out, for the moment I have no immediate plans of new feature releases, but as said I will continue to support my paid addons.

That's too bad, Naatan as I love your work.

I agree that certain things could have been handled better, but also realize there might have been specific reasons for how things went down. The fact Paul is back as well to me was the strongest indicator that things did change.

I hope you'll change your mind in time.

That's too bad, Naatan as I love your work.

I agree that certain things could have been handled better, but also realize there might have been specific reasons for how things went down. The fact Paul is back as well to me was the strongest indicator that things did change.

I hope you'll change your mind in time.

Thanks, I hope they will give me (and others) a reason to :)

No, this means the addon is on sale so you can get it for a better price. And if sales go well I may decide to work on 2.0. Note that I do still supply updates as needed, just not major updates.

The main reason for the sale is both because a lot of people expressed concern for the price (justified as it may be) and I want to gauge whether a reduced price will actually make any difference.

AW DANGIT... I should have waited XD
But i still don't mind what i paid for this. I seriously recommend it guys. SERIOUSLY.

I was holding out until the next version as I don't have any use for it until there is some synchronization of emails. passwords etc. but will buy anyway if you want to see sales before working on the next version.

Is there any chance this addon will expand to have a SSO between Wordpress INTO Xenforo? That way Wordpress-based sites can use their existing memberbase and have a seamless experience when members enter the xenforo forum area (and already be logged-in)?

Does this work without issues?
Do I understand it correctly that this SSO inflates analytics? If so, please address this. I dont want visitors to be counted twice.
Are usergroups and additional usergroups synched? This is very important to me, as I want paying members to have access to the functions that they pay for.

Is the synching done as a cron or scheduled task?

Regarding the price: $60 is already a bargain. Your kind special offer is very cheap.

Yes if 2.0 ever comes into existence it will support third party SSO functionality.
+1 for this. id like to see it for other forum software as well so I can link up other sites that are not on xenforo. and easy way to make more as you can sell each software add on individually.

Does this work without issues?
Do I understand it correctly that this SSO inflates analytics? If so, please address this. I dont want visitors to be counted twice.
Are usergroups and additional usergroups synched? This is very important to me, as I want paying members to have access to the functions that they pay for.

Is the synching done as a cron or scheduled task?

Regarding the price: $60 is already a bargain. Your kind special offer is very cheap.

There are no known bugs if that's what you mean.

It does not really inflate analytics, people that are signed in via SSO do so by visiting a "provider" page on the master site, so you will get one additional pageview per user IF they are logging in. I will see if XenForo facilitates disabling ganalytics tracking on a per-page basis but it's not a priority as it is a very minor issue in my opinion.

Only the user and their login sessions are synced, no additional data (no profile fields or usergroups). XenSSO only provides SSO functionality. If version 2.0 is to ever happen it will support (some of) these extra things but that's currently not in the cards.

I'm glad you appreciate the price. Honestly I'd love to put it up for 10 bucks but I would never turn a profit sadly.

+1 for this. id like to see it for other forum software as well so I can link up other sites that are not on xenforo. and easy way to make more as you can sell each software add on individually.

This was originally the reason why I developed XenSSO on OpenID. Essentially XenSSO already supports third party authentication, it just requires a lot of manual fiddling and maybe a little bit of tweaking in the code (if that). But I'm not willing to support such an approach as I would not have the time for it.

I'm looking into buying this addon but I was wondering how the authentication really works. If the user logs into one of the slave sites, does that site store the user information into it's database? If the user wants to login again later on, will it check the slave's database or the master's database?

Also, what if there is a user that registered on the slave, will that user be able to login seamlessly into the master installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom